Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Twiga
Beginner April 2012

*sens* mahoosive swollen hands - argh!

Twiga, 19 February, 2014 at 20:54

Posted on Off Topic Posts 131

Help! In the space of about 6 hours my hands have gone from normal to huuuuuge. I've never had swollen hands before. Should I be concerned? Any tips to make them go down? I've taken my wedding ring off and they feel v numb and tingly. Any advice would be much appreciated. I can flash the after hand...

Help! In the space of about 6 hours my hands have gone from normal to huuuuuge. I've never had swollen hands before. Should I be concerned? Any tips to make them go down? I've taken my wedding ring off and they feel v numb and tingly. Any advice would be much appreciated. I can flash the after hand but dont have a before to compare it to. Weird!

131 replies

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Blummin heck love! late get well vibes from me, hope things are under control and you are comfortable x

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely all of this ^^ Hope you are feeling a little better this afternoon x

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Ahh you lot are just the best! Flowers all round.

Helenia - is neutrapenic low white blood cells? If so, then yes, I think so. No one is telling me anything! I'm in a little room on my own and loads of people have come round to take my blood and my blood pressure. I've been weighed like 5 times since last night! But I haven't seen anyone to tell me what it foing on. I'm getting a bit grumpy tbh - which can only mean I'm on the mend and returning to my normal grouch-bag self. My consultant is coming up after his clinic so I hope I'll find out more then. He's gorgeous too.

My H was in Germany yesterday, flying back now. It's the first night he has been away since I started my treatment and I can't believe this has happened! Thank goodness I called oncology emergency. Scary.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Thank goodness indeed and silver lining RE the gorgeous consultant Smiley winking

Hope he has some news for you, can you request chocolate?!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^ this!

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Oh Twiga, just caught up with all this. So glad you called and went into hospital! Hope you're well on the mend now. x

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Oh hope you get better and out of hospital soon. Sending big hugs!
    Such a good job you went to get checked over. Get well soon vibes!!

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Oh Twiga you poor love. I hope you're better this evening.

I did chuckle at you saying you were 2 though ?

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Haha Cilla - I was so cross when everyone started laughing that the nurse said "OK I get it you're 2, try to act like you're 28" Wonderful lady, I really want to apologise for her!

Kjay - no chocolate BUT I had jelly and ice cream with my dinner. Never been so happy, haven't had it for years!! I savoured it like it was a fine food (which it most definitely is)

Professor Hottie came to see me but didn't have much to tell me as they are waiting on results etc. He's coming to see me tomorrow again. Get in. I've told H to bring me make-up in the morning hee!

Thanks again otters xx

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about this Twiga. Lots of vibes zooming your way. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Have fun with Professor Hottie!!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Oh twiga sorry you're still in there I hope you get some answers soon. Glad you enjoyed your jelly and ice cream tomo and that you get to see prof. Hottie again tomorrow. Sending more vibes your way for a swift recovery

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

Lots of vibes for tomorrow Twiga X

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Ha twiga love that you're getting your H to bring your make up in!

hope you're feeling better soon anyway mrs

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Glad you're finding the silver linings Twiga!! ?

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Oh Twigs! I don't know how I missed this yesterday. Massive massive hugs to you - must have all been so scary.

Sending you massive 'get better' vibes. Do you need anything? I am over Clapham/London way late afternoon/this evening so feel free to drop me a PM if you've gone into a hospital round there and need some supplies or whatnot (even if it's just chocolate and one of those standard rubbish gossip magazines that you only read in hospitals! (Everyone can benefit from a good 'My boob ate my face' type story in a takeabreak mag)

xx vibes xx vibes xx

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Bless you RK xx

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, hopefully Mr Twiga is home soon and in to see you with everything instructed!

Flora - did you actually take a pic of that hot doctor?!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Flora who is THAT?! Mmmm...

Twigs, hope you're a bit better today! So scary - I'm so pleased you were checked out. Poor H - being the one time time he was away!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never thought it was possible to 'suit' a stethoscope! I don't think he'd be as hot without it.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

My son has been in hospital many times due to his asthma, and quite often the other mums and I have often rated the docs on their stethoscope hotness!! It definitely makes a difference ?

Seriously though, hows it going today Twiga? Hope the hubbie got the make-up in on time for doctor hottie ?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmm I still think he's pretty hot without it! Who is he Flora???

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Hello Otters!

RK - you are so kind thank you. And I'm sorry I've only just read your message - I would have loved to meet you!

Well I've been wheeled all around the hospital today, been on quite an epic tour of basements, scanning rooms, costa coffee (by accident - new guy got lost). You name it I've been there! Looks like I'm in for the weekend as I do indeed have an infection and they wont let me go home until it has cleared up.

Saw professor hottie, who shall now be known as professor doom. My chemo thus far has done sweet FA it would seem so feeling a bit gutted to say the least. Also, compared to Flora's guy, he looks like a cabbage. I want THAT doctor.

Apologies for the gloominess - I am looking forward to jelly and ice cream again though!

Reading this thread through has made me giggle and sniffle, you lot are just the best! xxx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Oh Twiga - really sorry about your chemo Smiley sad

i hope you start to feel better soon.

Also - the cabbage thing made me laugh! ?

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

Twiga sorry to hear about the chemo but I also hope you get betyer soon. Sending hugs your way

Just want to say though I love your positiveness in all of your posts Smiley smile x

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Aaaw so many thank you's and love to you all.

However I am ANGRY - no jelly and ice cream, instead a poxy apricot yoghurt. Bullsh*t. Anyone in Denmark Hill with jelly and ice cream??* I've been stoked all day about this... HUMPH.

*just kidding, I don't want to be ruining any friday nights.

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Ha Kochanski I like the new nickname Hot Dr Doom! He is going to try me on a different course of chemo, but as a measure to prolong things not to fix things. Oh why can't this silly body of mine just farking work?? This is heavy stuff for a Friday evening - I'm sorry. Eeek. Shall we open a virtual bottle of shiraz?

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Oh Twiga, I'm sitting here with my fingers poised over the keyboard and I haven't got the foggiest idea what to write. So I'm just waffling. I'm so so sorry.

If I was nearer I'd be on my way with jelly and ice cream I promise

Otters are always here to hold your hand ok?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I don't know what to write. But I can't write nothing. I am gutted, Twiga. I'm so sorry.

Where in the country are you? Xxxx

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry Twiga Smiley sad I can't seem to find any words suitable for how I'm feeling for you right now.

I wish there was a way we could take it all away for you, absolutely gutted.

We're all always here for you whenever you need us, stay strong! Thinking of you & sending you huge inadequate hugs x

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Aw twiga this is beyond crap. We love you xx

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Oh Twiga... Words have totally escaped me. Xxxxxx

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^ this. I may not know you quite like some of the others do, but wanted to add my thoughts xxx

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Oh Twiga, I'm so sorry to read this. I hope that you're being looked after well and have all the support you need.

I'm not too far away from you, though I'm on call all weekend (sadly not at your hospital or I'd be right there with jelly and ice cream!) - but next week if there's anything you need, just shout.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics