Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NeoShoegal

SEO's

NeoShoegal, 3 of April of 2008 at 16:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

I often get emails for Search Engine Optimisation.
Today I got one that actually claims to already have had a look at my site

"I came across www.everaftervideos.co.uk today while looking for a website with unique content that would make a good candidate for better search engine rankings.

I#%92ve taken the liberty of performing a complimentary link analysis for you to check how well your site is doing at the moment in terms of inbound links, which are a critical component of good rankings on Google.

We've used 2 different link checks for your website - Google.com and Alltheweb.com. Here are your results:
According to Google.com you have 5 incoming links
According to Alltheweb.com you have 195 incoming links

[It's very common for a difference to show between these two numbers, I'll be happy to explain why if you wish to hear more]

The reason that having a decent number of links from other trusted websites is so important to search engines like Google is that they are a bit like votes for your site. The better your inbound link profile, the higher your website is likely to rank on Google and the more visitors / return on investment it will bring you.

To improve your link profile and have your website rank highly on the search engines for your keywords, we are able to offer you a search engine promotion service that sources links from other websites with a view to building your link authority. Additionally, and of equal importance, we will examine the architecture of your website and provide advice to ensure it is correctly set up for current search engine algorithms.

We aim to achieve Top 10 rankings for your website on the major search engines and back your results with our unique Performance Agreement that refunds your monthly payments should this target not be reached. Specifically:

We will work to achieve first page results for your website across the three most important search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN).
The search terms we use will be chosen by you and designed to bring you the maximum level of purchase-motivated traffic possible.
If we can't achieve first page rankings for your site we will refund your money.
If we can't keep your website in the Top 10 we will refund your money.

No-one can promise Top 10 rankings with absolute certainty. What we are able to do is protect your investment.

We are confident our methods work because they are currently achieving first page results for many of our existing clients operating in some of the most competitive industries on the Internet. Our success rate for companies targeting difficult, high-volume search phrases is currently over 90%.

As our client, you will be kept fully updated on your campaign progress, with regular ranking reports that show you exactly how your search terms are doing on each of the search engines.

You will also have the benefit of having a personal search consultant assigned to look after your campaign. Your consultant will be in regular contact to discuss how your campaign is going and will be on-hand to answer your questions whenever they arise.

Providers of search engine marketing services are only as good as the results they achieve for their clients. I would encourage you to check the results we have achieved for our existing clients yourself and would be happy to provide you with a list of contact details so you can check their results and ask them about their general experience with us."

If they had actually bothered doing a google search for my main key words, they would have noticed I currently rank no2 in the UK for "wedding video". ?
hmmm... shall I tell them? They can't even promise a top 10 place, maybe I'll just stick with my own SEO system ?
Or maybe they were just after some really easy money

3 replies

Latest activity by John, 28 of March of 2022 at 05:25
  • B
    Beginner September 2007
    bostongirl ·
    • Hide content

Well, if you suddenly get a huge number of inbound links it will likely raise a red flag with Google and make you more likely to get canned! Which they should know.
    And anyone selling linking services is going to link to some pretty poor quality sites anyway.
    Plus, if you are #2 for a common search term like that you are obviously doiong something right. I'd leave well alone!

I get an average of 10 similar emails a week!

• NeoShoegal
    NeoShoegal ·
    • Hide content

It did take us ages to get that high, but we're quite proud of it ? And we really do try to stick to as many of the "rules" as possible. Although I know there are things we could do to make it even better/compliant

• D
    New York
    David ·
    • Hide content

Hmm. And in fact, does such a thing work? So is it possible to attract new customers through a website? If so, I would be interested to know more about it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics