Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2021

Separate ceremony and reception help!

ExpensiveBrownConfetti56210, 9 of February of 2020 at 22:22 Posted on Planning 0 1

So I am getting married next summer on one of the small Scottish islands. We had originally booked for a ceremony and reception on the mainland but have decided to have a small ceremony with family on the island followed by a nice meal and drinks and have a reception at a later date in our home town.
because the island is small accommodation goes quickly so my plan is to send save the dates out soon so people have time to make arrangements but when sending the invites should I include on these the info for the separate reception or send separate invites for this?
We are inviting two sets of aunts and uncles to the ceremony however our cousins who still live with their parents will only be invited to the reception on the mainland. I feel if I send their parents an invite to the full wedding it would be rude to send them a reception intive at a later date as it will be later in to next year. I feel I should add we’re close to our aunts and uncles but not to our cousins.

any advice please? Thanks Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by zaraahmad, 24 of February of 2020 at 11:29
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'd do whichever works out cheapest/simplest for you - I guess the advantage of sending two separate invites is that you can send the ceremony ones now and then the reception ones later when you have sorted out details for that.

I don't think your cousins will automatically expect an invite just because they are living with their parents still In fact, they might appreciate being treated as 'separate people' - I know I used to get fed up with being treated as an appendage to my parents at any family event! (Although my family were quite extreme - even when I had lived away from home for 10+ years, I still got added on to my parents' wedding invites and sat with them at the receptions too - my family struggled to accept that a singe female can be grown up!!!)

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

Its a regular thing. I don't see any reason why your cousins think or it seems rude to them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics