Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2021

September 2021

Charrrlw, 27 of January of 2021 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 2 8
I’m reaching out to see what your views on this are!
My H2B & I were meant to get married last year in November, we have rebooked for September this year.

I’ve done n o t h i n g
Don’t get me wrong a lot of it is still in place from before where I’ve been able to change dates but there’s still a lot to do and I have no motivation or desire to start because I just can’t face the thought of going through it all over again for it to not happen this year either!
Is anyone feeling this way?

8 replies

Latest activity by Luxuriousgoldhair63616, 11 of February of 2021 at 12:39
  • M
    Beginner September 2021 Lothian & Borders
    Mrsi2Be ·
    • Hide content
    Fellow September bride and I feel exactly the same. We were always booked for September 21 so haven't had to go through the pain of rescheduling. I've kind of accepted in my head that if 20 or 50 is allowed we should just go ahead, if things aren't somewhat back to normal by September, when will they be?!

Its so sad that what should be one of the biggest days of our lives, we can't even look forward to because no one knows what will actually be possible.
    If you have all the big things organised I guess the rest can be done fairly close to the date, when hopefully we will know more.
  • F
    Curious September 2021 Argyll
    Farmerswifetobe ·
    • Hide content
    I’m the same - we got engaged in July last year and at that time a relatively normal wedding in September 2021 seemed pretty likely. We booked a marquee, caterers, band, photographer etc in August time because dates were hard to come by with all the postponements from 2020, and have paid the deposits. We’re at the stage of needing to pay next payments and I have no idea what to do...Scotland has been generally tighter on restrictions than England, and there’s no sign of a road map for the summer...I’m hoping that between the vaccine, the better weather and the current lockdown things might look more positive, but I really have no idea what we’re doing to be allowed. Think it’s hard as if I was planning a small wedding then I wouldn’t have planned what we have planned so far, so I’m worried I’ll end up in a weird half way where we don’t get the actual wedding we want or the small wedding we’d have planned...all feels very up in the air, but just keep reminding myself that it’s the marriage that’s important, and I can’t wait for that!!
  • Anita
    Savvy September 2021 Surrey
    Anita ·
    • Hide content

Fellow September bride here! Our wedding should have been last September, but we had no choice but to postpone by 12 months because of the dreaded Covid.. very stressful for so many couples right now.

I'm so scared that things won't be back to "normal" by this September and I'm even more nervous, because my mom, sister, cousin, and 2 bridesmaids are supposed to be coming from Canada for our wedding - it would be their first ever trip to England! Even if weddings are allowed to go ahead by September on a smaller scale, it's so unlikely they'd be able to make it, considering travel restrictions and quarantine, etc... Sigh. Very sad to think I might not even have a bridal party - or ANY family at my wedding.

I hope good ole' Boris gives us some guidance - and soon! We literally only have a venue, caterer, florist, and registrar booked - need to know if we should be booking our other suppliers or not... so difficult to know what's best right now!

Best of luck with your wedding too my lovely! xx

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies

Another September Bride and Groom here, and like you, we have already rescheduled from last September to this.

I am already thinking of postponing again, as I can't see that we will be back to "normal" by late September.

We weren't having a huge event, 60 for the day and about 120 for the evening, but there are several spanners in the works. We are getting married in a National Trust property - they only offer ceremonies before moving on to our small business reception venue. Neither venue will offer a reduction in price for fewer guests and we have paid about 75% of all our costs now (as the balances were due for our original date), so if we cancel we won't get much back. The National Trust property is not renewing their approved venue license, so if we don't get married there this year we won't be able to ever, and it's the place where we met, so very special to us.

Our reception venue is a small business, so there is no guarantee that they will still be in business. All our suppliers are small local businesses, we wanted to support our local economy when we booked everything back in May 2019, but I fear that some of them will not survive the pandemic. Luckily, I had taken out wedding insurance so suppliers going bust would be covered, but it would be such a shame not to be working with the people we have built up a relationship with.

Our only option now I think is to hold tight until later in the spring, and then probably postpone again with fingers crossed that my OH's elderly parents are still around.

Sorry for the long post, but like most of you, have lost all enthusiasm for our special day at the moment!

Here's hoping better days are on the way and we get some clear leadership and guidance from those in authority.

Ali xx

• Anita
    Savvy September 2021 Surrey
    Anita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Ali, I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling - so many of us are at the moment and it's horrible that we all feel this way about our weddings... I mean, it's our wedding day... we SHOULD be SO excited but Covid has drained that out of all of us. Very sad, really.

About your venues and them not offering a reduction in cost if you're having a smaller wedding and fewer guests - I'm pretty sure that's illegal, and I would seriously look into that, if you haven't already. Do you have wedding insurance? Perhaps you can contact your insurer to discuss this with them to see what they recommend. It just doesn't sit right.. and certainly isn't fair! I would also discuss with your insurer the scenario in which your venues close down - because if they do, you'll reallyyyy struggle to get your money back!

I wish you the best of luck.. please feel free to message me if you want to chat / rant to someone that understands!

• Nima
    Beginner September 2021 West Yorkshire
    Nima ·
    • Hide content

Fellow September grooms here. We are still holding out before a final decision is made in April/May. The positives is that it looks like all eligible adults in the UK will be vaccinated by September, or at last the 70% threshold required for herd immunity. You would....think....that by then things should just be open as usual, and if wedding numbers follow the trends as they did in 2020, it will be maximum 30 in April/May, maximum 50 over the summer and then larger numbers beyond that. And let's not forget that in Sep 2020, we were in a sweet spot of very low cases, even with no one vaccinated. If I was getting married in Nov/Dec 2021 i'd be a bit more nervous actually with incoming varients etc.

Maybe being too optimistic and naive, but there's perhaps more chances of us happening in Sep 2021 at this point than not.

• Louise
    Savvy September 2021 Cheshire
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Hey, we booked for September 2021 in September 2020 in the hope that everything would be "normal" by then. We are having a very small daytime (only 20) but about 120 in the evening. I was feeling so hopeful, but recently I have started to feel like we may have to change plans and I don't want to think about it. I'm still trying to work on the assumption that it'll be ok, but it's becoming harder as time goes on. Keeping fingers crossed for everyone! X
  • L
    Curious September 2021 West Midlands
    Luxuriousgoldhair63616 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am on the same wavelength as you ?

Also getting married in September 2021. I think things will be much much better by summer. UK vaccinations are going well and it'll be warmer. We have booked catering with full guest list in mind, yet to sort a DJ and the rest isnt dependent on numbers. We are lucky our venue is suitable for all sizes. However we have also created a guest list by 6, 15, 30, 50 and 100 (full is 200) people just in case.
    Having been unable to celebrate our engagement due to first lockdown, I'm determined to still look forward to our wedding. I feel like any joy that comes with wedding planning - even small things like having proper venue viewings with a potential glass of champagne - has been sucked out of it with current times! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics