Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2018

September wedding ....tweed??

HappyBlueDiamonds1306, 3 of April of 2018 at 14:48 Posted on Planning 0 3

So ️our wedding had literally just been booked...September 14th my partner would like to make the wedding themed and wants to be wearing tweed ...Im not sure september and tweed will work, he wants like a 1920s feel ...are there any other alternatives that we could look at that still seem from this era, look smart, and arent as heavy?

3 replies

Latest activity by PeteKelk, 26 of April of 2018 at 17:20
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, which year? I'm on September 14th next year!!

My fiance is looking at tweed suits, I personally think they look lovely, especially in the right setting. We're getting married in a millhouse with a beautiful garden, and having a rustic sort of style, so it will go well - plus I think he'll look really handsome in it.

Regarding the heaviness, I would imagine most suits now are tweed patterned, and you could get them to whatever weight you think is most comfortable.

I think you can do tweed anytime of year, and if it suits him and makes him happy, go for it!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

You could go for just the waistcoats without a jacket - looks great. That second week in September can be nice weather but can also be very windy making it feel a lot colder

• H
    Beginner September 2018
    HappyBlueDiamonds1306 ·
    • Hide content

It's the 14th September this year ...we live in the yorkshire countryside so it's very fitting..,with a peaky blinders theme so even more apt...were still debating flat caps ?.

• PeteKelk
    PeteKelk ·
    • Hide content

Tweed is a really heavy cloth and September can be a really warm month! A 20's style wedding sounds pretty awesome though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics