Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JCWinterWonderland2016
Beginner January 2016

Sequin tablecloths!!!

JCWinterWonderland2016, 13 of December of 2014 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi

I'm looking at buying sequin table cloths for my uk party (getting married in Lapland) and I'm really liking the sequin tablecloth trend and was wondering where I can get them for a good price I've seen lots on eBay and etsy but thought if ask on here! I'm looking for white or silver ones!!! Probably about 10 round ones than are floor length!! Thank you xxxx

15 replies

Latest activity by JCWinterWonderland2016, 22 of December of 2014 at 21:19
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I haven't seen these, any pictures?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

The cheapest I found were on ebay. Ordered a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for them to arrive, but i'll update when they arrive and let you know if they're any good!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I know just the place, try here;

https://www.facebook.com/GildedLinens

I bought mine from there but you can also hire them. She's very accommodating and there's nothing like a good table linen to lift your reception.

• MrsHindle2Be
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsHindle2Be ·
    • Hide content

Hi

How much were you charged to buy? I have been looking at these and found they were £40 each to hire.

Thanks Smiley smile

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I paid just under £60 for 4m x 160cm for our banquet style table from Ebay (UK Seller) although, they've not come as yet so can't report on quality or anything just yet.

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou for this post! I didn't even know about sequin table cloths and now I am obsessed!! I've pitched the idea to my fiancé and he has said as long as they aren't too expensive to hire we can have them! I've tried to explain that they will be the focal point so we wouldn't need to spend too much on centre peices as I would like something simple. This won him over! Now I just need to find them at a reasonable price!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I bought 2 of these and used them for the cake and tree table;

I can't remember how much I paid though, not much help, sorry.

• MrsHindle2Be
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsHindle2Be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your response. Let me know how they are when they come Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

I have also been looking for these. I found some fabric on ebay but still really pricey. I got a quote the other day for £40 per table cloth also. How much??? Lol I wanted 10 so this is out of the question. Unsure if I will be able to have my dream table linen at these prices :-( they are either to expensive or not the right size. I think I'm going to have to compromise and just use it for our cake table and table plan instead.

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

We were quoted £40 too. My fiancé said no at first... We have now compromised and I can have half the tables covered (that will only be 3) and will have runners for the others to tie it all in. I'm trying to visualise it, I hope it looks ok!

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

That's a good idea as I am having different centrepieces of high and low. Or I may just have it on the head table. I wish I could afford it for all of the tables would look so pretty.

My mum came up with an idea of having a large table cloth then having the sequins as a smaller circle over top like this ( I couldn't find sequin ones but here an idea of what She ment)

Not sure how it would look with the sequins. Sorry I can never manage to get the pictures in the right place on this thing!!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just an update, I received the material from Ebay and it was an absolute state!

It was so roughly cut and the dimensions given on the listing didn't take into account that approx 30cm of the width was just plain coloured mesh.

Not to mention the various "bald patches" with no sequins on, tears in the material and marker pen writing on it.... Cheaper than other places, but no good at all and completely unuseable. I've returned for a full refund.

• SaraPoppy
    Dedicated July 2020
    SaraPoppy ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! Which seller did you get them from?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Edit

I'll delete that soon though, so please don't quote. Don't want it to possibly interfere with my refund.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Oh no :-( that sucks! Can't belive how terrible it sounds. Such a shame! I was going to buy mine from ebay. Different seller, so I may purchase a small sample. See how it turns out and let you guys know. Probably won't untill the new year though.

• JCWinterWonderland2016
    Beginner January 2016
    JCWinterWonderland2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies!

I will let you all know if I find some good ones, I was also looking on ebay, ive found lots on etsy too mainly from the US as its a trend thats come over from there and is only just starting to get big over here! Im looking for silver ones, and thought that I could buy and then sell as I think that would be cheaper than hiring!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics