Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

em-ster
Beginner July 2008

Session with Personal Trainer this morning - eeek

em-ster, 25 of January of 2009 at 10:17 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4

Confess to being a tad nervous though am hoping it will be ok

Anyone else done this? I'm looking for tips on toning and a weight / floor programme that will help define my waist and help bust my gut

I'm fully expecting to come home in agony and wanting to open a bag of crisps

4 replies

Latest activity by sweetersong, 25 of January of 2009 at 21:28
  • F
    Fairey ·
    • Hide content

Hope it went well and you have 'enjoyed' yourself.

I would love a personal trainer but have always been put off by the cost. A close friend of mine has had a personal trainer for six months and has just entered her first half marathon which she would never have done before so I know what inspiration they can be.

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on? Was it as bad as you thought? And I bet the last thing you want to do is open those crisps! What's the point in doing that? All your hard work and sweat would have been for nothing!

I have two sessions a week with my PT and yes, Fairey, it does cost an arm and a leg. I've had to rearrange my priorities to be able to afford it but it's definitely worth it and something I'm happy to fork out for because I know I'll get the results I want. I can't wriggle out of not going to the gym if I know I have a session booked and I work far harder than if I was on my own and could just "give up" at any time. Or avoid certain pieces of equipment (like the cross-trainer which I hate!) or select a lower weight rather than push myself.

Are you going to keep it up Em-ster? Do you like your PT? I think getting on with him/her is important if you're going to work together to achieve your aims. Best of luck!! ?

• F
    Fairey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are so right about priorities - I have always said that I can't afford a personal trainer but only this morning said to my husband that if I can afford the payments for my new car now then I would have been able to afford to pay for a personal trainer for the last year or so. I think they are a really good idea and everyone who I have know that has used one has really seen the benefit.

Hope you didn't open those crisps Em-ster!

• em-ster
    Beginner July 2008
    em-ster ·
    • Hide content

Yey - no crisps for me!

I had a really good time and felt quite at ease even though the PT looked about 12!

I could really feel the benefit of the routine we went through and can see that it's achievable. Really just focused on chest and arms as these are the bits I tend to skip in my cardio routine. When we finished I did an hours cardio and a pathetic swim before treating myself to a sauna / steam and a banana!

My plan is to try and put everything I've learnt into practice and book another session in a month to chart progress or make changes. I'm trying to get to the gym or a class 3 times a week but need to be flexible; don't want to feel pressurised into being there because I have an appointment to keep and fortunately enough at the I am keen to be there.

I'd defo reccomend having a go with a PT if you get the chance, even if just to find out where you've been going wrong

• sweetersong
    Beginner January 2006
    sweetersong ·
    • Hide content

I can't afford propper personal training at the moment, although I am going to see what money I have saved when I get to goal next year, and may treat myself to some sessions.

At my gym though, we can get 3 appointments with the fitness trainers though when we join, to work out our programme, and keep on track of it. They also say you can always go to them for advise on your programme after that as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics