Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

Sew n sew-Croydon

Random Name, 5 June, 2011 at 07:49 Posted on Planning 0 10

Sew n Sew were recommended to me by a fellow hitched for bridal alterations (I want to shorten my dress a bit) . They are based in the Whitgift center in Croydon.

have googled them and have seen a couple wedding posts about them. Has anyone else used them? What did you have done? would you recommend them?

10 replies

Latest activity by Random Name, 6 June, 2011 at 18:32
  • S
    Beginner June 2011
    Salari ·
    • Hide content

I *think* that might be where my BM got her dress altered - I know she works in Croydon, and it weas near work - I'll txt her and ask. If it is then they did a good job coz her dress is lovely... they had to shorten it, and take it in, and just make it fit well round the bust IYKWIM?

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. Would really appreciate that. Would you be able to ask if they were expensive please? I've had quotes from different places ranging from £80-250.

Just want to get an idea how much to keep in the budget for it. Thanks again.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Bump in the hope that someone else has heard of them? ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I am sorry, not used them...

May I ask if you live in SE London- i.e. anywhere near Lewisham? There is a cool fabric shop there whose staff do alterations including bridal if you want the details...

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi KV. I live in East now but am Souf East through and through! Thanks for posting as you had previously sent me the details of the woman from Rolls N Rems. Had forgotten about that. What has your experience been with them? Am so nervous about getting alterations done by non bridal shops.

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

Oh, i think my mum came across someone in croydon (down George Street i think) who makes her own wedding dresses/veils (she was trying to find someone to make her mother of the bride dress) and she said the dresses were amazing - she's back from holiday soon so i can ask her? i know she uses someone really good in west wickham to do any of her alterations too - i will try and find out if they do wedding dress alterations and get the numbers for you....

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mary!

KV- I have emailed the lady you recommended. She would be ideal as I work in Lewisham and parents still live in Catford. Has she done any alterations for you?How did you come across her?

Thanks

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I had forgotten it was you- I remembered it was someone, but not you!

I have not used them, but they come highly recommended.

I am having my dress altered by a local seamstress in Staffs (as I am getting married there and that is where my dress is- at my Mum's). The lady who is doing it is a professional and does wedding dresses, but she is not a bridal seamstress exclusively (she does costumes, prom dresses and all sorts). I called and they said to make an appointment. They looked at the dress and said that they could do what I want. I was reassured by her, she seemed professional and to know what she is doing (and even made suggestions about my plans).

If I were you I would just call whoever it is that you want to do it (whether it's Croydon or Rolls and Rems person). Explain over the phone what you want, and they will be able to say if they can do it. They may want to see the dress. You have nothing to lose by making a call.

I was trying to get a bridal seamstress and was given one by my SIL who got married 2 weeks ago, but the woman never answered the phone or returned my calls so I ended up finding someone else.

Another place you could try is Busting Divas (they have a website google them) who look very professional, but I think that they are too expensive.

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    libracat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oohh i'd be interested in this as west wickham is right round the corner from my school.

?

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Hiya. If she doesnt mind that would be great. Would be really nice to be in touch with someone who has used them personally. Thank you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics