Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ladykake
Beginner November 2014

Sexy shoes or cool Converse!!!

Ladykake, 7 of June of 2014 at 23:17 Posted on Planning 0 18

In my first ever thread, I ask you lovely ladies about wedding shoes for large feet! Me and my man sized 10 feet! I didn't get the best genes!!

So after ordering from www.girlsofelegance.co.uk and 3 pairs of shoes later... (All too small!!) I have come to the conclusion that I will be better off having personalised converse to match my colours, ivory & gold with a hint of orange and aubergine! I think my feet are too wide to fit into normal size 10's & I am fed up of looking really!!

Do I go for cool, comfy converse or do I keep searching!??

I am getting married on 1st November otherwise I would have a pair of flip flops/sandals on!!

Aaagghhh!!

18 replies

Latest activity by artisanwedding.co.uk, 16 of June of 2014 at 08:29
  • MrsParadise
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsParadise ·
    • Hide content

I'm opting for Converse for the simple reason is that I fall over (A LOT) in heels. I'd say, go with what you are comfortable in. I'm sure there are some prefect heels out there in your size if you don't mind doing some searching.

Oh and welcome to Hitched xx

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

Customised converse!

I'm a real shoe girl so any excuse but if heels aren't you why have them?

• Ladykake
    Beginner November 2014
    Ladykake ·
    • Hide content

That's true, I occasionally wear heels, and they always last a couple of hours! then I'm bare footed! I need to dance too! Better to be comfy! Plus H2b is only an inch taller, so actually a perfect excuse to wear converse!

Only probs h2b wants a pair for himself!

thanks x

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think suits and converse can look really cool, my H2B couldn't pull it off

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If you have a full length dress nobody sees your shoes anyway! I've seen brides get married in Converse, Skechers and even a pair of white wellies!

You could adapt a pair of your existing shoes that are comfy.

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing both, Benjamin Adams heels until later on in the evening and then wearing customised Converse for dancing! I have got my converse from a seller on Twitter called Glitterbugs Boutique.

• FS84
    Beginner March 2015
    FS84 ·
    • Hide content

Both OH and I are having customised Converse :-) I say go for it if heels aren't your thing.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Where as I know people throw out words like comfort I find converse tacky as hell... its the same as wearing trainers to your wedding and it one of these horrible datable fads (also dont get how cowboy boot get classed cheesy but converse dont when converse are clearly worse)

it may sound rude (not meant to as I also have rather large feet) but have you tried drag queen sites?

you can get some cool shoes in 9/10/11 much easier there and no one will ever know if you do buy men sized women shoes (I have) and they aren't all showy look at me , some only have smallish heels too (several 2/3 inch heels)

all these can be bought in 10s or 11s:

some a bit more colourfull:

I believe Pleaser go up to size 14 and the stock some nice shoes, ive bought pleaser shoes before and they stole the show - everyone talked about them for weeks

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

If your H2b wants converse too, why not get matching? I've seen a photo of a bride and groom somewhere (can't remember where though!) who had matching yellow converse on and it looked great!

ETA I've just googled 'bride and groom in matching converse' and loads of images came up. Have a look if you can - some of them look fab!

• G
    Beginner March 2015
    gembluetopaz ·
    • Hide content

Hi OP,

i have a similar problem being size 9 and wide footed. I went with a flat pair for the day, (I'm 6ft 1 so wanted flats for photos) and then a kitten heel pair for the night I got them made in China by missydress I paid £35 each for then and am so pleased with them.

Gemma

• Ladykake
    Beginner November 2014
    Ladykake ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your comments!!

I have tried drag sites as I'm size 10wide fitted for ordinary shoes as well as wedding ones. However they all have a ridiculous heel!, I definitely don't want to tower over OH I'm 5'11 and I wouldn't normally wear heels either.

I love converse and they are very 'me'!! I get the idea that in a few years they may be considered as tacky/dated, but right now I quite like them! It's all about living for the moment isn't it?!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Converse!

• Ellyoxox
    Beginner July 2016
    Ellyoxox ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing small heels to get married in (like my my H2B is not much taller then me) just because my dress flows better with some height but after that I do plan to change to while custom converse with some extra added bling as well. And my OH is also going to be wearing custom converse Smiley smile

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Personal taste. I wouldn't been seen dead in cowboy boots, every pair I've ever seen is truly hideous to me. Converse are clearly better, in my view.

I was also going to suggest drag shoes but I see the OP has already tried that.

Is your dress floor length, OP? If so, go with whatever you're comfortable in. No-one will see your shoes unless you deliberately flash them anyway.

• B
    Beginner
    Bells12 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I had a small heel for the day and then changed into custom converse after the first dance for the rest of the night. I got mine from converse themselves. I would persevere with your search as although not comfy, heels will make you stand better which helps with photos etc (it's difficult to slouch!) it also means you get two sets of shoe pics :-) What is tacky or not is personal, everyone loved my converse trainers with my new name on them, my lace heels, although lovely, were just another pair of wedding shoes to everyone, no one was bothered. it's your day and you should wear what makes you happy. sorry I can't help with where to buy though, good luck x

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Whatever you feel most comfortable in. It is a long day and you need to be comfortable. I like Converse and personalising them is fun.

• Dizzycaz
    Beginner October 2014
    Dizzycaz ·
    • Hide content

I'd need some lessons to walk in heels!!! so I have opted for customised converse as I wear converse all the time!!!! Got mine with the wedding date and my married name on in crystals and they look stunning and I can't wait to wear them!!!

At the end of the day it's your wedding and your feet, do what's best for you and don't worry about what others may think!!

Good luck with what ever you decide Smiley smile

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a Laydee, but I'd say sexy heels for the day then Converse for the dancing / evening...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics