Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner July 2018

Shabby Chic / Tea Party Theme Hen Do!!!

x-talie-x, 19 of September of 2014 at 12:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Hey everyone,

I have the idea for the above theme for hen party!! Can people give me ideas for things to have for decorations to fill the table except floral plates/cake stands etc.

I want some really original ideas but my mind is blank at the moment!! If you have any cool ideas for ways to display food, any specific foods that would fit in to the theme etc then please let me know! I am open to anything at the moment Smiley smile

Also, ideas for little gifts for the girls (wide age range)!

Thanks x

7 replies

Latest activity by InkedDoll, 19 of September of 2014 at 16:52
  • WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I had this for my hen do - was fab, we went to Lowther Castle (Cumbria) and they put it all on.

There was bunting, doilies, pretty crockery, little pretty flowers everywhere etc - was really lovely but nothing overly original! You could theme it? Like Alice in Wonderland or something?

• X
    Beginner July 2018
    x-talie-x ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

It is just going to be at our house, probably in the garden (weather dependant!) .. so I just wanted to see what ideas I could get.

Not sure if it will look OTT if it isn't done professionally as I don't want it all mismatching etc. Trying to think of sweets/foods to include also.

x

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Pinterest will be your friend here. If you haven't already looked on there, do it!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS!

Food wise - if it were me, I'd be going down the pretty pastel coloured cake route (fondant fancies, party rings, bake/buy some pretty cupcakes or do this as an activity, buy a load of plain cupcakes and a load of decorating stuff. sandwiches with the crusts cut off, everything in miniature form etc etc

• X
    Beginner July 2018
    x-talie-x ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!!

One thing I struggle with on Pinterest is that there are so many amazing ideas on there but half the time I can't find the decor in real life!!

Frustrating!!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I think I might build a shed at the bottom of my garden and recreate this in it, then sit in it and eat fondant fancies, and drink tea with my pinkie in the air every now and then. Sigh.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

If you like that and are on Instagram, check out the user @kellyeden. She is a model and MUA but look for the pics of her house, the entire thing is like some sort of fairytale pink palace. It's amazing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics