Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2011

Shabby chic theme ideas?

clarem1986, 11 April, 2010 at 20:44 Posted on Planning 0 11

Evening ladies,

My theme is shabby chic/vintage - my colours are ivory/white - with maybe a hint of mink/latte and light gold (I'm still to get my bm dresses which will decide the other colour)

Is anyone else having a shabby chic or similar theme? Could I please see a flash of your purchases/ideas?

I've already flashed some of my things in previous posts but if anyone hasnt seen them let me know and il put them in here.

Thanks!xx

11 replies

Latest activity by alexxinness, 12 April, 2010 at 10:33
  • C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jane!

I'm getting married on Sat 26 March 2011...

I've already bought my centre pieces.....

I also have this as my table plan (althouh have no idea how to hang or display it yet?!)

I would like ideas for decorating the room in general, flowers, cakes, bridesmaid dresses, suits and any other 'original' things for favours etc. Or if people are decorating the ceremony room - candles etc...

I have such a big room, I'm worrying about making it look beautiful enough, on a small budget!! x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Yes here is my dress but in ivory and sweetheart neckline (sorry huge pic). I wont be having my hair like the model though - prob have it half up half down.

My elder flowergirls are wearing this

and baby flowergirl in this

I was thinking maybe this to hold the table names/numbers

I checked about the candles first and we are allowed thankgod!! Thank you, I will have a look at your website! Thanks for your help Jane! x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

My flowergirls are 10, 3 and 18 months, they love their dresses - especially the 3 year old who wouldnt take it off when she tried it on!!

I'm not sure what you mean about the card? I've told OH he can decide the table names as hes not having a say in much else, I think he is going to go for famous sports stars - possibly old famous boxers like mohammed ali and similar. So to keep in with the vintage look i was going to have a black and white picture of the sports star in the heart holder. Didnt really want sports but guess it could look ok if nice black and white pics.

Oooh cup of tea, good idea! Speak soon Jane. I'll have a look at your website xx

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, just thought I'd mention that I've got the same place/table card holders - got them from ebay and they worked out at £1 each which was pretty good! I've seen them for sale in a few places but ebay was the cheapest I found.

I also have the same table planner. I'm using postcards in it and leaning it against an easel that my venue have ?

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Here are some ideas for you...(hope they help)

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

My house is currently becoming shabby chic and im living in Ebay at the moment, theres prolly a lot of stuff there to give you ideas...

shabby chic hearts would be nice as favours I think.....

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

have a look on www.lovelyfavours.co.uk they have some lovely things on there x

• alexxinness
    Beginner September 2008
    alexxinness ·
    • Hide content

I just love the whole shabby chic themes atm

I love vintages style jugs with wild flowers inside them as centre pieces xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics