Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

quackers
Beginner August 2013

Shampoo Recommendations

quackers, 17 of December of 2012 at 14:58 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 18

Right I have an issue with shampoo,

My hair gets very greasy very quickly with a lot of them, or I get horrid dandruff!

What do you use?

I can't use pantene as it makes my hair fall out.

Head and shoulders just strips all the dye out and doesn't do much!

18 replies

Latest activity by Kammal, 9 of May of 2024 at 10:37
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I love the Aussie stuff. It's normally on 3 for £10 in Asda and I decided a few weeks ago I'm going to get it from now on.

Normally I'm a right skinflint with shampoo but my hair feels so much nicer when using this that I figure it's worth the extra.

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

See tried the Aussie stuff it hasn't done much for me the hair mask was great the first time I used it but since not been great!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

My hair doesn't get too greasy, but my scalp will get super dry, just like the rest of me. I've found that dove isn't bad, but John frieda stuff is the best I've ever tried. I use the full repair, even though I don't heat treat my hair much or dye it. It makes it silky smooth and no dry scalp. It can be pricey, but quite often boots and tesco do offers, so keep an eye out if you decide to try it!

eta, I nearly forgot to mention.. If you dye your hair brunette, try their brilliant brunette shampoo and conditioner.

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Thanks!!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

My coloured hairs gone ahirwire since being upduffed, proper flips between greasing up like a local cafe to becoming drier than ghaniis flip flop...ive found VO5 colour protect shamppoo and conditioner amezzin at making it soft and shiney and lovely!!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I have the driest, most allergic scalp ever.

I use this (as well as my normal shampoo) once or twice a week.

This is my current shampoo and conditioner of choice at the mo...

Massive bottles that last a good few months

I also love this one...

And apparently this stuff is amazing and cheap as chips. It's paraben free so has less chemicals than other shampoos...

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I like aussie too, also herbal essences I find good.

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

I've used Paul Mitchell stuff for years but recently found it made my hair really heavy. Their daily conditioner made my hair really lank & their detangler conditioner actually tangled it even more!

I've actually just swapped to Lidl's own brand Cien - we use loads of their stuff and it's very good.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

John Frieda Sheer Blonde - been using it for years now. When broke I switched to giant cheap bottles of Tressemme, but JF is so much nicer.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This literally makes my scalp bleed ☹️

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Aussie from me, but if i want to wear my hair down I have to wash every day- can go every other if I tie it back.

I have given up trying to make a wash last longer than two days, I think it is just how my hair is as no matter what shampoo I try none keep it 'just washed' after two sleeps.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I do this now and then and I don't think it makes any difference!!

• Skinnyrock
    Dedicated July 2023 Suffolk
    Skinnyrock ·
    • Hide content

The body shop banana shampoo is great. I get really greasy hair but my scalp gets dry and itchy. This shampoo is really great and actually smells nice (not like mushy bananas like I imagined it would) but I do regularly change shampoos as I definitely makes a difference with my hair. My hair also loves different types of water. My hair always looks wonderful when I go on holiday!

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

I got the John Frieda yesterday will use it later and update you all I know you will be waiting with baited breath!!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I will have a look for that as it has taken me YEARS to find a shampoo that stopped my hair looking frizzy and I loved Timoteis Bamboo shampoo and conditioner and now they have discontinued it. I have been buying up the last few bottles from around the web, sad! but it was that good

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I use the green Herbal Essences, I avoided HE for years because of their stupid orgasm adverts but it is a really good shampoo for greasy hair.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Since coming off the pill I have really greasy & lank hair - its horrible, I constantly feel dirty with it.

I find that Timotei Pure shampoo is quite good but I still need to wash my hair every day.

I love redken oil detox shampoo but its really pricy. I use it a couple of times a week and leave it on a few minutes. Look fantastic usually does 3 for price of 2, 20% off etc. Its about £11 a bottle - and its a small bottle!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I change my shampoo all the time. My favourites are John frieda brilliant brunette, currently on the shine one which is two for £8 in sainsburys. Prior to that was johnsons baby shampoo (was all tesco metro had!) which was lovely for the first day but got greasy quick. Also herbal essences (blue one not sure what it was called) and Pantene aqua light which was great. I find changing my shampoo helps stop my hair getting lank.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics