Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyPinkHair15172
Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside

Shaped wedding rings that don't break the bank! Help please!

HappyPinkHair15172, 9 of August of 2020 at 17:59 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all.

I REALLY need your help!

I have an antique Edwardian 4 diamond cluster Engagement ring. I totally love it as it's unique and I love all things Edwardian in general!

The problem I have (and I knew it when we got the ring in all fairness!) is that I will need some sort of shaped ring to fit around it.

If anyone knows Liverpool, we went to Wong's on a friend's recommendation, and were initially quoted £250 for a plain shaped band. When we went for a consultation just before lockdown, the price had rocketed to £750, and that was using our own gold jewellery to make the new ring!

I have tried Wedding Rings Direct, who didn't really have anything suitable. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and hopefully a solution?

I will try and post a pic of my ring so you can see what we are up against!

Cheers

Ali

Shaped wedding rings that don't break the bank!  Help please! 1

Shaped wedding rings that don't break the bank!  Help please! 2

5 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 13 of August of 2020 at 23:18
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and I should add that the photos were from our Engagement shoot at Speke Hall, Liverpool. Taken by Leigh and Lee photography!

• W
    Savvy August 2021 Lincolnshire
    Wishtobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi lovely, We got our rings from F Hinds and they do a selection of curved and wishbone rings. One is quite curved. Have a look at their website https://www.fhinds.co.uk/wedding-rings/wedding-rings-by-style/wishbone-wedding-rings

Good luck

M

• Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We have used a company called smooch rings, they come to your home with samples for you to look at and feel. They can also customise designs if they dont have exactly what you are looking for. The price for our 2 rings was about half the price of a local high end jewellers and also significantly cheaper than a high street jewellers.
    I will admit that we had an issue with the rings when they were originally delivered (partly due to lockdown issues) but they were corrected without any dispute and we are very happy with them.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, ladies!

I will check them both out.

Sadly, we now have plenty of time until our rescheduled wedding, but at least it would be another thing checked off my ever-increasing list!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    Not sure if this helps. My daughter got married last year and the two of them had bespoke rings with each others finger prints in them. Prices vary according to desired width and carat desired.

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics