Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner March 2014

Sheet music for string quartet

sarahdarby, 14 November, 2012 at 13:43 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone

Bit of a strange question I know...

I have a string quartet booked for my wedding, but I need to provide the sheet music for the quartet arrangement. Does anyone know where I can get this from? It's for pop music mostly, including Adele make you feel my love Smiley smile

Thanks

Sarah

2 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 14 November, 2012 at 18:20
  • Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I found a string quartet that has arranged a selection of pop songs that you'd be able to purchase - http://www.highlystrungquartet.com/2012/string-quartet-sheet-music-arrangements-modern-popular-pop-songs/ - which includes the Adele song you have. Unfortunately I only know where to buy ready-to-play classical pieces for this sort of arrangement as when I played in a string quartet (this is going back yeeeeeears) we used to transcribe the pop stuff ourselves (we had the time to do this as we were students). Maybe pop into or call your local music shop or music service to see if they have any tips?

Hopefully someone else will be able to help further Smiley smile

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

The Music Room stores are brilliant - they print off sheet music in store or you can order online.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Most string quartets will have their own music unless you're making a specific request. I used musicroom.com to get a couple of pieces for my quartet last year. One of them wasn't available as a quartet arrangement so I bought an SATB (choral) version and transcribed it into instrumental parts - you could see if they would be able to do something like that if you can't easily find a quartet arrangement. Or pop into a local music shop, I'm sure they'll be able to suggest something!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics