Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cilla
Beginner April 2012

Sheldrakes, Heswall?

Cilla, 28 October, 2009 at 10:00 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi, I'm on a posting frenzy at the mo!

Still looking through potential venues and I came across the website for Sheldrakes in Heswall and it looks exactly what I'd like! Has anyone any experience of this place? And in true wedding venue fashion, there are no prices on the website, so if anyone knows if its reasonable then I'd love to hear that too

Ali xxx

5 replies

Latest activity by sherbert, 29 October, 2009 at 16:53
  • Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Bump

• S
    Beginner September 2010
    sherbert ·
    • Hide content

Sheldrakes in Heswall is the most beautiful venue but I didn't have a very good experience with them when I wanted to book my wedding there. I did start to write a massive post about my bad experience but realised that it was going on too long. To cut a long story short the owner Helen's customer service skills lead a lot to be desired. I thought it was the perfect venue for us but the owner really let us down. She didn't turn up for two appointments that we had arranged and never got in touch again after I had paid my deposit so I started to really have my doubts, if she was this bad at the start can you imagine what she would be like nearer the wedding. In the end it took weeks and a couple of letters to get our money back but we managed it. I was really disapointed and now I feel like we can't go back there even for a meal and I really loved the place.

However judge for yourself because it might have been a one off bad experience. They are building a new floor in a conservatory style which will look over the dee, with big open windows and a terrace, it will be licenced for civil ceremonies and sounds like it will be lovely. Then they close the restaurant at night and you have the whole place for your evening reception. The view is amazing and the photos would be lovely. Hope that helps in some way x

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Oooh thanks Sherbert! Thats a bit worrying. I might pay a visit and see what happens but be wary. I've emailed them to get a rough idea of prices as I don't have any idea if its out of our price range and am waiting for them to get back to me. Do you mind me asking if they're reasonable? We're trying to do everything as near to £5000 if possible

• S
    Beginner September 2010
    sherbert ·
    • Hide content

They were quite vague with the price and I didn't get anything official but I think it was going to work out about £4000 for daytime and evening, that was for about 40 people in the day with reception drinks and canapes and 120 in the evening with a mediteranean BBQ buffet.

They are fairly flexible and will do pretty much anything you ask for within reason. How many people would you be having? x

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure yet but I'd guess at 20-25 in the day and 80-100 at night. I'd be looking at having the ceremony also. Hopefully they can work within our budget, but I'll be keeping an eye out for any of the problems you had also

• S
    Beginner September 2010
    sherbert ·
    • Hide content

Well good luck you, will have to let me know how you get on x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics