Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xMissyLoux
Beginner September 2012

Shoe clips?? Advice/Help needed!

xMissyLoux, 10 June, 2012 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hey ladies, I'm after some advice on customizing my shoes!

I am absolutely butterfly mad and I really liked these shoes from Next, well I liked the butterfly on the strap, didn't actually like the shoe otherwise!

These are the shoes I have bought instead and was wondering whether I could add the same butterfly detailing to them with shoe clips (although I don't know how these attach!) or maybe I could use a brooch? Also do you think it would look right or would it be silly/too much as there is a bow detail on them? Honest opinions please!

I have found these shoe clips and brooch on ebay, do you think any of them would be worth buying?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHOE-CLIPS-Wedding-Evening-clear-crystal-BUTTERFLY-HELENA-/320915170906?pt=UK_Charms_Wristbands&hash=item4ab808e65a#ht_868wt_1270

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHOE-CLIPS-Wedding-Evening-Ivory-white-BUTTERFLY-/261037312064?pt=UK_Charms_Wristbands&hash=item3cc7094840#ht_538wt_1270

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEAUTIFUL-VINTAGE-STYLE-SILVER-BUTTERFLY-BROOCH-UK-/150436650218?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_CostumeJewellery_CA&hash=item2306b91cea#ht_600wt_1037

All help/advice very much welcome, TIA x

16 replies

Latest activity by xMissyLoux, 13 June, 2012 at 20:13
  • Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

Shoe clips generally work much like clip on earrings- you can see the blanks here http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/261037143048?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

It might be a little difficult to attach over the diamante detail on the shoe, unless you can have the clip slightly off centre. If there is a gap between the diamante bit and the shoe you may be able to clip a brooch through it- perhaps see try this with a brooch you have/ can borrow to see if it works?

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I wanted shoe clips but the lady in my dress shop put me off them - as I am having a floor length dress, she said the material could catch and pull. Just a word of warning! (Then again the dress could get caught on a million things anyway)

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!

I don't think it catching on my dress will be a problem pandora as I have a princess dress with a hoop underneath so as far as I can remember/aware it won't really touch my shoes!

Thanks Nicky, it helps to see how shoe clips attach!

I don't know if you've misunderstood me or I've misunderstood you but I don't want to put them over the diamanté buckle (as I think you are describing) I want them on the side of the slingback strap like in the top photo of the Next shoes!

Do you think this will work with a shoe clip? I'm thinking yes! But that's a good idea I could try attaching any old brooch to see if that will work! I've not always got the most common sense lol

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

Ah, got you- that's me being daft! Yes that should work fine, the only thing to watch out for is that the metal of the shoe clip being against your ankle might be slightly irritating or rub a bit, but lots of people wear them on the side like that.

It's a fairly simple shoe so I don't think it'd look too much, they aren't hugely elaborate clips you've got in those links.

These are nice as well and would go with the decoration on the front really well- but they aren't as obvious a butterfly if that makes sense? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rhinestone-Butterfly-Shoe-Clips-/330387500868?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item4ceca12f44#ht_500wt_938

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Haha that's okay Nicky!

Oh yeah the back of the clip might dig in to my foot...hmmm! Maybe pinning a brooch would work better then!

At least you think it would look okay then! I like those ones in the link too!

Decisions decisions now!

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I think it would look too much with the bow detail as well - could you remove the glittery bow centre and place your butterfly shoe clip there instead?

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

No help what so ever but they are the shoes I have for my wedding also, I have wore them as a bridesmaid already and they are very comfy.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your opinion Gurzle...I'm not sure about taking the bow detail off, I'm not that clever I'd probably ruin the shoes!

So that's one opinion it would look okay, one it would look too much, what do the rest of you think?

That's okay Rachel, which shoes do you have the same as me (bow ones) or the butterfly next ones?

I'm going to wear my shoes in a bit but I chose them because I thought they'd be comfy, wanting to keep them on as long as possible although I have since bought a pair of 'bridal' flip-flops I fell in love with to change into once the dancing really gets going!

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

You might struggle to get the diamante off cleanly, which is why I mentioned pinning a brooch through the gap behind if you wanted the clip on the front.

It's a tough one, as it's down to you and your personal taste whether you think it's too much and sometimes you don't know till you see the finished thing. But if your dress is long and your shoes will be mostly covered, then the shoes are more for 'you' than anyone else anyway so as long as you like them it's all good!

I love a bit of bling and pretty things, but for the record I'd stop before I got to this point

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I think I'll leave the buckle as it is and want to add the butterfly to the strap like the other shoes as long as it doesn't look naff!

I think you're right Nicky you need to see it to make an informed decision so I've mocked something up lol (see flash below)

But yes you wont see them anyway lol but they will probably be photographed!

Pahahaha those shoes are a little extreme! I'm thinking maybe not! This is what I was thinking:

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

I have got the bow one, I wore them all day and night and didnt need to take them off once.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's good then, fingers crossed I find them just as comfy!

What do you think about adding a butterfly like in the pic above? I can't decide if it's too much/looks odd!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Anyone else got an opinion? I'm still in 2 minds part of me loves it as I really wanted butterfly shoes in the first place and part of me look at it and think it looks silly need your honest opinions!

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry couldnt see the picture the other day, I think that is gorgeous, would totally go for it. Besides you can you not always take it off if you dont end up liking it? x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yes I think the one on the strap is just one too many ?

On the original subject I like the mock up you have done and don't see why it wouldn't work

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Rachel! Yeah I definitely could, I just didnt want to waste money on something I decided not to use but actually it would never be a waste of money because I'd definitely use them somewhere!

Thanks 3d too! When I first read you post, I thought you meant the butterfly on my strap was too much and was thinking alright I don't mind honest opinions but no need to rotfl at me lol until I read the whole post and see you meant the pic Nicky flashed haha!

Maybe I should just go for it then!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics