Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2016

shoe ideas away from the norm

LuxuriousBlueFlowers282, 3 of April of 2015 at 11:55 Posted on Planning 0 31

Need some help please thinking about wedding shoes. Don't want traditional, want something a bit fun or a bit of colour, other than white or ivory. Ideally like lower or mid heels so I can wear them happily all day, anyone get shoes that were a little different or know good places I could go on the hunt?

Any ideas or suggestions would be fab. Need some Inspiration ?

31 replies

Latest activity by Moonbeam88, 3 of August of 2015 at 13:19
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I went for ivory, but I love irregular choice for a little bit different. Schuh have a decent selection, they do have their own website too

http://www.schuh.co.uk/brands/irregular-choice/

These were mine

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

My shoes were from Iron Fist, although they're nude. They do lots of colourful and alternative style shoes. Although the website is pants at the moment, so i'd do a general search rather than going via the IF website. I also have a pair of Vans ?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Oh, there have been a few flashes on here of ruby shoo, they're gorgeous too :-)

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

These are mine - http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/irregular-choice-lazy-river-iridescent-white-low-heels/1249191060/

They are a bit of a traditional/Cinderella/crazy mash-up! Also quite low since I know I'd never last all day in really high heels.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Mine were also Irregular Choice:

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

This_cat_here - They are the ones I'm thinking of getting. I want something I'll wear again, nothing too weddingy and they're really comfy!

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Heathy2b ·
    • Hide content

My shoes are by Irregular Choice, they're red and glittery in a similar style to Junie's and are so comfy. I ordered them online from Schuh, they had loads to choose from x

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

That's exactly what I was thinking Boro_Bex!!!

• L
    Beginner March 2016
    LuxuriousBlueFlowers282 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys. These shoes are lovely, will go and have a good look through your ideas. Some lovely shoes and some nice small heels too.

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    Aquiescence* ·
    • Hide content

Similar to yours Junie, I think with a higher heel. These are super comfy, cost around £60, and are something blue! I keep meaning to start wearing them in around the house as I will be wearing them a week today

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Definitely get on the schuh website.

I had multi coloured glitter courts for mine from there but they don't sell them anymore.

In terms of brands try irregular choice, ruby shoo, red or dead and schuh's own brand.

• FutureMrsSummerfield
    Beginner October 2016
    FutureMrsSummerfield ·
    • Hide content

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

Generally, i just want these regardless of Wedding (as I have to get champagne shoes for my dress)

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I've got these for the day -

Then I couldn't resist these as a back up pair!

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

I had planned on wearing my Vivienne Westwood shoes as FI had bought me them but boy do they hurt!! so instead I have bought the 'wedding' converse ( I know they arent for everybody but I am more of a trainer girl tha heels so they suit me perfectly). I am thinking of maybe taking the Vivienne ones away with me too to get some pictures of me in them with my d

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

One of our brides had these a few weeks ago. They're amazing! Vivienne Westwoods.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I just came across this on my lunch break!

http://offbeatbride.com/2015/04/heels-with-hidden-surprises

Some cool ideas there!

• L
    Beginner January 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes380 ·
    • Hide content

I managed to get some barefoot sandals from Fabelle-London. Im getting a cheap pair of royal blue heels from New Look and then jazzed them up with some barefoot sandals (abigail -blue). They were ideal, it meant i could take my shoes off for our beach photos and for dancing at the reception and then still got to wear the barefoot sandals on honeymoon Smiley smile

www.fabelle-london.com

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

These are my daytime shoes:-

Theyre ivory, but the pearl encrusting gives them that something extra. These are my evening shoes:-

My wedding is NYE so I wanted a party pair. I nearly went for these instead:-

Hope you find what you're looking for.

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

Your daytime shoes are exactly what I'm looking for! Would you mind telling me where you got them from please?

• PrettyFlower90
    Beginner July 2016
    PrettyFlower90 ·
    • Hide content

I have always wanted green shoes for my wedding as it's my favourite colour but its so hard to find ones that are nice! I have looked at Irregular Choice but they only have 1 green pair that's nice.. I hate peep toe shoes which makes things harder lol

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just bought a pair of satin shoes and had them encrusted with pearls using The Glass Slipper Company. Unfortunately, she's no longer doing shoes, but my evening pair was done by Bejewelled Brides (they have a Facebook page) and she has done similar shoes to my daytime ones. I'm really happy with what she's done, and she was really reasonably priced.

Here is the Facebook link (hope it's okay to post it) - https://www.facebook.com/BejewelledBride/

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    SH2bSM ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing giraffe print kitten heels. Found them in TKMaxx Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I had hand painted shoes from the states they were teal with a peacock feather design :-)

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are mine...they are Red or Dead, bought from Scuch....and they do them in green too!!

• PrettyFlower90
    Beginner July 2016
    PrettyFlower90 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't seem to find those online on Schuh? =(

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The shoes are called 'Lollipop'. Just looked on Schuh and they only have them available in silver now. I really struggled to find the size i needed in the silver as im an 8. I might be worth searching to see if they are available anywhere else

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

It depends on your budget... I have had tartan shoes made in the same tartan as my H2B's family kilt. They weren't cheap though...

Google Upper Street shoes! x

• W
    Beginner May 2016
    Woman_in_White ·
    • Hide content

I've just reserved the Irregular Choice iridescent low heel ones at Shuh to try - they look stunning, can't wait to pick them up later today!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

These are mine:

http://www.shoeaholics.com/lara-silver-fabric-39-carvela-kurt-geiger-shoe.html

Not unusual as such but so beautiful in real life! I'm not much of a bling lover normally but as wedding shoes i love these. They are so pretty as they catch the light! Have a bit of a concealed platform too so mega comfy!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics