Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2010

Shoe stretching - is it possible??

brideseekingblush, 5 July, 2010 at 22:58 Posted on Planning 0 7

OH was out tonight so I was wearing my wedding shoes, and they're still really tight across the top of my foot (they're pumps) - I've been plying them with vaseline but they're still not right Smiley sad

Any thoughts about how to stretch 'em?

7 replies

Latest activity by KatieInWonderland, 6 July, 2010 at 16:18
  • flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

Put on the thickest pair of socks (or two) that you have and walk around in them for a while Smiley smile Usually works for me!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Stuff the toes with tissue paper?

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

are they leather or material? Leather can be streched By a cobbler i think, but material shoes I would think wont stretch just as handy. Not sure if you wet them if it would soften them a bit. I would speak to a cobbler/dressmaker and see what they suggest! Other than then blister plasters and perserverance!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If they are leather, then they can be stretched by using a shoe stretcher. These can be purchased from reputable cobblers or shoe shops and are made by Dasco. You only need one as one shoe stretcher will fit both a left and a right foot. They come with little black buttons that you can slot into various holes which will lift the leather away from troublesome spots. Just stretch little by little on a weekly basis rather than a full stretch because you can stretch them too far and make them too big. Leather needs to be warm to stretch so try and stretch them in a warm room rather than leave them in a cold cupboard/wardrobe. Can you tell I used to be Manager of a shoe shop many, many years ago LOL! - I think they cost around £15.99 now. Go for the wooden variety rather than the plastic as plastic ones aren't much good. Hope that helps.

• going4four
    Beginner
    going4four ·
    • Hide content

I'm not getting married just being nosey over from BT. Get the biggest Baking potato you can find and push it into the shoe as far as you can and that should stretch it.

Carrie

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls - they're satin-y so I think I'm going try the socks...I'm even pondering cutting them Smiley sad

• H
    Beginner
    hshc86 ·
    • Hide content

I know somoene who puts some water in to a couple of sandwich bags, then putting the sandwich bags in to shoes, pop them in the freezer for several hours so the water expands as it changes in to ice. Take out the the shoes, wiggle the sandwich bags so you can get them out and they should have been stretched a little!

• KatieInWonderland
    Beginner June 2011
    KatieInWonderland ·
    • Hide content

Thats mad. Haha but it probably works, it makes sense!

Katie

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics