Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Justkeepswimming
Beginner July 2016

Shoes!

Justkeepswimming, 14 of March of 2016 at 23:09 Posted on Planning 0 37

Where are you all getting your shoes from?

i want something like this:

But perhaps a little less plain? I don't want to spend too much money (maybe £80 max) but also want them reasonably comfortable, which is why I thought rainbow club might be good. But there's none that I really love on there.

Any suggestions? Tia x

37 replies

Latest activity by jamborina, 30 of March of 2016 at 13:30
  • Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh these are gorgeous, no idea where they're from though, damn Pinterest!

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Hey, thats so simple and elegant..

i love it.

also the pink shoes on the third comment!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you looked at Rainbow Club? At full price they're a bit over your budget, but I got a pair for less than half price on eBay, brand new with the box. They were so comfortable, almost like a pair of slippers!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

They have bridal shoes in tkmaxx at the mo pink by paradox for £14.99

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I bought some Rachel Simpson ones in the sale. One pair was £65 and the other £75 both reduced from like £180. I couldn't decide which I loved more so I splurged and bought both Smiley smile

She has an eBay store, which is worth checking out as it has all the discontinued lines on there Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Shoes, my favourite topic Smiley smile

From the two pictures, I have gone through Debenhams, and there are a few, they range from £35 - £69.

Going on from the first picture:

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Would definitely recommend Rainbow Club - they're super comfy and reasonably priced too.

Need to stop looking at this thread now as getting some serious shoe envy....

• H
    Beginner March 2016
    Hedgemog ·
    • Hide content

Although They aren't specifically 'bridal' Marks and Spencer has some lovely sparkly heels in at the moment for around £25. I always find their shoes very comfortable.

• H
    Beginner February 2017
    HappyYellowHair540 ·
    • Hide content

If you want a budget option, you can find it on eBay or Aliexpress. There are nice things. Also you may look through Etsy, wonderful website!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Love all of these shoes, all diff, all gorgeous!!

Take a look in Next, I got two pairs from there for my wedding. One for day and slightly lower, more comfy pair for evening.

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I would love some sparkly heels, but my OH is actually shorter than me so going for some sparkly sandals (weather dependent) or silver flats...if i can find any i like!

For heels, I find Matalan really comfy, and obviously at the lower end of the price range! One of my bridesmaids has bought these and they are gorgeous:

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

Mine are from Badgely Mischka! They're also my "something blue".

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

How about these from The Rainbow Club? https://www.rainbowclub.co.uk/wedding/wedding-shoes/jennifer-ivory

They are £65 and after the wedding, they will dye them for you for free and send them back to you. I like the Elspeth ones and am thinking of buying them and getting dyed black for afterwards so that I can wear them again X

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

All the reviews I read said they run small and to order a size up, but I usually take a US 7.5 or 8 depending on the style. Heels I usually get a 7.5, flats an 8. I tried on the 8 and kept falling out of the shoes. The 7.5 fit perfectly. While I don't take a wide width my feet are definitely on the wider side of the "normal" range and I don't have any issues with them being tight.

Does it have to match your dress? If it's floor length no one will see your shoes anyway. My dress is ivory too.

• M
    Beginner September 2016
    MulticolouredBride ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hijack your post but does anyone know if Jenny Packham shoes are comfy? But some in the Sale but not sure whether or not to take them back?

Thanks xx

• M
    Beginner September 2016
    MulticolouredBride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply!! And yeah.. makes sense if everyone's already discussing shoes :-)

They're lovely!!

. I know what you mean about stiff material, luckily mine are a Soft Satiny material so don't think that'll be a problem (fingers crossed)... The last thing I want is to be uncomfortable all day.. but I know I'll probably kick them off later in favour of ballet pumps regardless.. just a shame all my bridesmaids are above average height and heels are essential.. lol xx

These are mine... I'm not 'wowed' by them though so comfort is the main thing swaying me at the moment xx

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

I'm another one in the 'Rainbow Club' Club - although haven't worn the shoes for more than 20 minutes at a time, so can't properly comment on comfort.

Got mine from ebay - £19, should have been £75. I figure no one is going to see them for any special length of time and I had heard they were comfy, so went for it.

I'm loving the photos, guys. I'm not a shoe person by any stretch, yet I like looking at them...

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content

My shoes are so not 'weddingy' but i love them all the same.. have always wanted them so this justifies it as I will be able to re-wear afterwards!

Plus i love the tough look with my lace dress! Smiley smile cannot wait to wear them!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Nice - Valentinos?! Smiley smile

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I am loving all the shoe flashes! Thank you everyone for the advice and pics, some gorgeous shoes there! Rainbow club seems to have a lot of good reviews from you ladies so I will have another look at them and see if I can maybe bag a bargain on eBay. I love shoes, in particular High heels/platforms, so part of me wants to get a really nice pair but then I'm also thinking that no one will see them under my dress anyway!

Keep the flashes coming if anyone else wants to show off their shoes! Smiley smile

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

These are my Jenny Packhams. They match my dress perfectly and are incredibly comfortable!

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    Ellensmummy ·
    • Hide content

Sorry if pic is huge?! I really recommend rainbow club. Tried on some pairs in John Lewis and they are SO comfortable. They can be expensive but these I found through the EBay and was a pop up bridal shop. Brand new in all protective packaging and box. £25!!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are lovely!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content

Yes Chapples, valentino. My justification was that we are getting married in Italy so they tie in with the theme! ?

• Beckcible
    Beginner August 2016
    Beckcible ·
    • Hide content

These are mine! There called Florrie from Rainbow Club - they were such a lucky find!

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I luuurve these!!!

Unfortunately I will be in flats as OH is a bit shorter than me and I don't want to be taller in the photos. But I suppose I will at least be comfortable...

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why can you not have daytime flats and evening heels? Not that I'm in anyway coercising you into buying an extra pair of shoes....

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it! Smiley laugh

I've just bought these Rachel Simpson shoes from ebay - never used, £25 including postage... I might use the money I've saved to get them dyed nearer the time, if I go for a shorter style dress:

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

beautiful!!!!

• NorthernLights
    Beginner November 2017
    NorthernLights ·
    • Hide content

LOVE some of theese shoes! haha!

But have you thought about buying a normal pair of shoes that you love?

I think thats what im going to do - haven't quite got to the shoe stage yet though!

Please let us know what you choose in the end ?

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    leffers5555 ·
    • Hide content

Mine are nothing like the ones you're after but I though I'd post anyway, I was always after planish shoes until I realised I was never overjoyed by the look of them, then found these. Totally different from what I was after.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, not much help here - I'm wearing Minnie Mouse Vans!

http://www.vans.co.uk/uk-en/disney/minnie-mouse/disney-classic-slip-on-shoes.html

OH is wearing the Mickey ones.

As much as I love shoes, I have major problems with my back, so if I wear heels on a night out I end up paying for it for a few days afterwards Smiley sad Always take flats with me if I ever have to wear heels!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics