Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2017

Shoes dilemma

Emmals1992, 14 of February of 2017 at 15:12 Posted on Planning 0 9

My dress has finally come in! Very excited but now I realise I do not have shoes sorted. Can anyone recommend any? I have size 7/8 wide feet so finding comfortable and attractive shoes in my size is often a problem. I'm tall too so don't need or want a massive heel. Comfort is the top priority as I would like to wear them as long as possible.

Thanks ?

9 replies

Latest activity by Emmals1992, 23 of February of 2017 at 14:05
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Take a look at Rachel Simpson shoes - they're pricey but SO comfy!

I bought two pairs haha

Also take a look at Rainbow club - they're supposed to be really comfy too Smiley smile

X

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Hugely depends on what you want, I'm getting shoes made by a place called Frankie Lynn's Shoe Emporium, my friend got her shoes made by her and said they were like carpet slippers and the comfiest heels she owns. :-)

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Mr_P ·
    • Hide content

I've just had a pair of Rainbow Club shoes delivered to my office for the bride! Smiley smile This is the 2nd pair of shoes she's bought to go with her dress... watch out on an auction site near you for the first pair to be listed!

This leads on to an interesting question for you all - what have you bought once and then changed your mind and bought replacements for.....?!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I've got the same size feet as you - I bought some Benjamin Adams shoes & so far they feel very comfortable (although not started to properly wear them in yet!).

Good question Mr P - this is my third pair of shoes for the wedding - in my defence though the other two were bargain ebay purchases! ?

We also bought an Instax camera that I re-sold for a small profit when I realised how much more we'd need to spend to get enough film to capture everybody. I think that's it so far although as I said on another post, I'm entering the neurotic phase of planning now so this could spiral out of all control within weeks!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I too have large, wide feet and am fairly tall and can't wear heels for long... initially I bought a gorgeous pair of high sparkly shoes from E-Bay that I'd seen in Debenhams and fallen in love with, but couldn't get in my size- the ones I found on E-bay were BNWT and a bargain... but sadly were too high and too uncomfortable for me to contemplate wearing them all day ?

I found the shoes I am going to wear on Amazon of all places- they are low-is heeled, wide enough and super comfy (so far) so I'm hoping to wear them for most of the day at least... then I have my hand decorated crocs for the evening!!

Mr_P.... your question deserves a thread of it's own... but meanwhile, other than the shoes I have also (so far) bought two sets of underwear (?TMI?!), two lots of favour boxes, two Matron of Honour dresses, two sets of table number holders, some candle holders and little bottles of bubbles that I'm probably not going to use and.... drum roll please.... Two wedding rings- the first of which was really quite expensive! I do like it (in fact I'm wearing it on my right hand now!) but the more I looked at it the less it felt like a wedding ring- it's diamond cut and sparkly- so I bought another- a plain white gold band which is what I always envisioned having!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Mr P I technically have 3 wedding dresses.

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I'm on my second pair of shoes, and wondering if I should get a third pair!

I like others can't wear heels for long, then my venue has a lot of cobblestones and uneven flooring and I don't want to trip. I also tend to get hot and swollen feet especially in summer!

I got a pair of sparkly flat sandals from next (£25), however, I decided they were a bit too copper/rose gold coloredto match. I was also worried about them falling off when doing my first dance.

So I got a pair of gold flat leather gladiator sandals (appropriate as I love the Romans) for £15 in the ASOS sale. So they won't fall off, I won't trip and they're comfy.

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

I'll put another vote in for Rachel Simpson - I'm a size 8. I would strongly recommend making the effort to visit their showroom in Birmingham. I had my heart set on a particular pair but when I tried them on they didn't look right. The staff were enormously patient, and I ended up buying a very cheap sale pair of their (now defunct) sister brand Agnes and Norman as a lustful purchase. My wedding shoes are actually a delisted Agnes and Norman pair that were intended to be a lustful purchase but I happened to wear them to a wedding fair where I was trying on dresses; and they looked so good that they became my back up choice. If not Rachel Simpson, find a local dance shoe supplier - ballroom shoes are often super cushioned and extremely comfortable. And of course, easily customisable. Plus wait till you see the ingenious buckle fastening that many dance shoes have . . . . I've actually been getting many of my normal shoes fixed up with them. I can't understand why they aren't used more in the real world!

• E
    Beginner August 2017
    Emmals1992 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I will check them out. I realise I will have to pay quite a bit for my wedding shoes as normally have to choose between how they look and comfort. I've never really found any heels that I can stay in for more than a hour, especially standing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics