Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam&Louise
Beginner September 2015

Shoes from schuh *The Saga continues* ANOTHER used pair.

Sam&Louise, 7 of August of 2012 at 16:07 Posted on Planning 0 31

I've never shoped at schuh before, but last week I saw some shoes online that I fell in love with and decided that I wanted for my wedding.

I purchased 2 pairs in total (different styles,1 for ceremony and another for the reception)

Yesterday the first pair came and I couldn't have been more disappointed. They were obviously worn and in a state. Stones were missing, there were scuffs and a dent in the heel. I thought that was bad but today the second pair came.....even worse.

These ones are skanky for lack of a better word. One of the shoes actually smells of sweaty feet and the sole is so worn that the size and other bits are totally worn away from the bottom. They're stained, scuffed and marked.

I am fuming. Not only because of the shoes but because of how let down and gutted I feel that this has been ruined for me Smiley sad

Has anyone experienced problems like this before with schuh (or anyone else) and how far do you think I should take this? The way i'm feeling at the moment I feel like I may go way over the top with my level of expectation as to how they should "solve" this

Customer services seem not to give a stuff at the moment and have basically just said oops, sorry happens sometimes. After a further complaint about that reply they offered 15% off a future purchase which I think is rubbish

Can anyone offer advice and possibly suggest somewhere for gorgeous, alternative bridal shoes that wont send me someones smelly seconds?

Thanks in advance

(also have pics if anyone would like to see)

31 replies

Latest activity by sparkle52, 10 of August of 2012 at 19:36
  • Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Could you flash the pics? Do you still like the shoes if they weren't damaged? If you do IMO I'd purchase them again with the 15% off and count yourself lucky...I'm not sure what else you can expect...they shouldn't have been sent in that condition but I think you've been v.unlucky to get 2 pairs like that! X

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

To be clear, you are obtaining a full refund for the shoes plus a 15% discount on your next purchase? In which case, I think this very reasonable. I have always rated Schuh's customer service.

Now, can you get to a shop? I pass one very regularly - is there anything I can do?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Are they sending replacements?

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS - I am really surprised at this. I use Schuh all the time, both in the shop and online. On average I buy about 10 pairs a year from them. The only issue you ever had was that a pair arrived through online purchase and didn't fit. And they accepted them right back. That was it.

I'm sure if you write/email them, including images of the shoes you'll get this resolved. Never call to complain, always put it in writing.

K

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Couldn't agree more with Footlong on this. I helped out a friend who had some BM shoe issues (she lives abroad) and Schuh's customer service was phenomenal.

I work near the Oxford Street branch - can help you out if need be.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies so far Smiley smile

To clarify I've emailed them about it but only had generic replies in which they asked me to call them.

I attached photos to the emails, detailed every fault with both pairs and explained the situation politely & I still got nothing more than a "sometimes it happens, but it shouldn't have, sorry" type reply.

What they've offered is for me to send the shoes back using a freepost label that they're going to send out to me and they'll then refund me for the shoes upon their return. In addition they're going to include a giftcard which gives 15% off any future purchase.

Perhaps i'm still a little wound up and feeling unreasonable, but to me that's a bit crummy as after receiving 2 pairs of worn shoes I don't feel all that inclined to shop with them again to be honest.

It seems strange as literally everyone else ive spoken to about it or come across has had nothing but great experiences with schuh. Perhaps it just wasn't meant to be.

Any recommendations for other great places where I might be able to find some new ones?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well, seeing as you've offered... if you could see fit to steal me some lovely sparkly new ones and send them my way that would be fantastic! ?

In all seriousness though, there's a schuh store not too far from here so if it comes to it I can get to one ok. But thank you so much for asking.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What brands did you order?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Grr forgot the picture.

This is the second pair that arrived a couple of hours ago.

The bottom right hand picture isn't very clear but its the bottom of both shoes. You can see that 1 has the stickers on the bottom and the size/"made in china" thing and on the other shoe its completely worn away.

They're not the best pictures (thanks phone) and there are stains, smells, scuffs and plenty more you're missing out on!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They were shoes by schuh themselves Smiley sad

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

That's terrible! If it helps I got my shoes from Dune, they do great sparkly shoes.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both, i'll make sure I look at Dune and BHS- i'd not even thought of either of them myself Smiley smile

Bit of an update too, someone from their management team phoned me after I posted on their facebook page about it (I was getting sick of their email replies, which the lady on the phone agreed with me about. She thought they too showed a lack of concern and were not acceptable)

She was absolutely lovely and couldn't apologise enough. She said that she completely understands why i'd be quite so upset as it wasn't like I was just buying them for a night out, but for such a special occasion. She said she was embarassed the shoes had been sent out and was personally looking into how that happened (may all be talk, but it was nicer to hear than the babble I was getting before)

She processed the refund there and then on the phone for me and is sending a giftcard, along with a freepost returns label. She didn't mention whether it was indeed the 15% giftcard and I didn't think to ask, so we'll have to wait and see.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Omg that's shocking! I have ordered a few things online before (not from schuh) and had small stains or dirt marks on them and am usually been offered a % refund which usually works to my advantage as most of time the stain mark can be wiped off but i have never seen anything so shockingly bad as those!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I wish I had the photos of the other shoes to hand- they're equally unbelievable.

Beautiful red patent shoes...complete with scuffs, dents and missing stones ☹️

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Thats dreadful. I've had shoes I've had for years in better condition than these. I would accept the refund and tell them you don't have the confidence to order from them again. I would mention not only your disappointment but the time it has cost you to return them and complain etc.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

That is shoddy. My wedding shoes were fom SCUH and they were fab!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

* Update *

I got a "giftcard" in the post this morning, which entitles me to 20% off on a single future purchase.

Although, it can't be used on sale items (The shoes I bought were in the sale, so re-buying them with the discount is now out of the question) and must be used by the end of August.

Not a great goodwill gesture considering i've only got a couple of weeks to use it and the only shoes I actually liked I can't use the voucher on.

Think i'm just going to email them to explain and then write to customer services.

If they can't offer a better solution (i.e that I CAN use the discount on the shoes I wanted) there will be a 20% off code up for grabs.

Will keep this updated

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

What a disaster!

I bought my wedding shoes through this website http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk/

They have a great selection and a very good sale.

Definitely worth a look as they arrived very quickly and in pristine condition Smiley smile

x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I think them offering a 15% refund is more than generous to be honest. Mistakes do happen in life especially with such a massive shop so I'm sure it's easy for boxes to be mixed up in the warehouse. I'd accept the 15% and ask for new pairs to be sent out free of charge.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I think 20% off,not to to used on sale items and within the next couple of weeks is a bit of an insult! And I'd be telling them that - in fact I'd return it to them as well.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could of been worse, they could of been from Office.

Most hideous example of customer service I have ever encountered in my life, ever, no really.... awful.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm glad that atleast someone agrees with me, now I don't feel like too much of an unreasonable hag ?

Not least because I'll be having to go out of my way to go to the post office/or a schuh store in order to return the dirty worn shoes back to them to get my refund (and they're very specific about the shoes needing to be back to them within 14 days)

Running my own business has made me a stickler for perfection I guess, so I expect the same level of service we give from every other business out there. Not that we're perfect of course, but i'm sure you'll all know what I mean!

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Are they on Twitter or Facebook? I'd make a massive deal of it. Bad PR can work wonders in your favour!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

And so it continues.

After establishing that I COULD use the "goodwill" discount code on the shoes I wanted (which happened to be in the sale) I re-ordered the same pair of shoes, with my 20% discount.

Those replacement shoes arrived about 20 minutes ago.

....with TOE MARKS in them.

I literally want to bang my head against a brick wall.

3 out of 3 pairs of shoes ordered arrive worn and used. It just doesn't make sense when so many others report a fantastic experience with them.

They're going back and this time I don't even care about them making amends.

They can (to put it politely) shove their dirty shoes where the sun doesn't shine and I'll buy from somewhere else.

Thanks for all of the recommendations for alternative shoe providers Smiley smile

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Seriously, this needs to go on Twitter or Facebook to give them bad PR

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I posted on their facebook page initially with photos after their rubbish email replies. That's when I got a customer services phone call last time and I *thought* things were sorted.

I've also re-commented on the post within the last hour mentioning what's happened today, with no reply as yet.

I don't know if they're all that fussed to be honest. They're such a big company and everyone else seems to have had fantastic experiences by the look of it, so i'm just one little fish in a very big pond and it'll soon be forgotten.

I'll be spending this evening drafting a lovely letter for head office though, there's no doubt about that!

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely be writing about that on facebook! Thats terrible! Once is bad enough but THREE times?!!

Edit; Just seen your reply. Hopefully you'll get some lovely new shoes for free from them. Thats what i would be pushing for!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

NEW being the key word there ?

Chance would be a fine thing! But a girl can dream.

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

Yes! I'd expect them to let you come in and chose a shiny new clean pair!

I really hope you get a better response this time. I don't even know you and i'm so angry about it!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think i've gone through the 7 stages of grief with this!

Shock, denial, anger, grieving lol then when I thought i'd accepted it and it was all over they send another rotten pair.

Perhaps we can form some kind of angry brides alliance and storm schuh demanding sparkly new beautiful shoes.

Surely it's worth a try? ?

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    sparkle52 ·
    • Hide content

Rubbish! how does this happen? id give up and find elsewhere x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics