Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charliebob
Beginner May 2016

Shoes - the look or comfort? Opinions please *Flash*

Charliebob, 10 of September of 2015 at 16:33 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi gals,

so for those with long dresses, are you going for comfy shoes or the look of shoes?

I can't decide between a dune pair or a clarkes pair!! Clarkes are comfiest shoes ever, but the dune ones are so pwetty!

Both look similar but I just can't decide, opinions please.

CLARKES PAIR

DUNE PAIR

many thanks xx

13 replies

Latest activity by *Nik*, 11 of September of 2015 at 13:40
  • K
    Beginner January 2016
    kerrie_jay ·
    • Hide content

Personally I would go with the June pair because I would wear them again. I'm resigned to the fact I am likely to be bare foot later on in the day anyway!

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

The Dune ones are lovely, but that style shoe destroys your toes, your feet will be in bits after an hour or two. Could the budget stretch to both? Or perhaps a pair of flats for the evening?

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

I've gone for both - mine are a royal blue suede court shoe, with a heel height of 2.5". I wanted a statement shoe, and this height heel makes my dress the perfect length so that did dictate slightly what I could have. I think they are beautiful and are super comfy.

For your shoes, I think both of them are really lovely. They look really similar, so I would probably plump for the Clarke shoes seeing as you'll be wearing them all day long. They look like they would give your feet a bit more support too, which is a bonus. I agree the dune pair are super pretty though!

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Comfort, practicality and future wearability for sure. You'll be on your feet for a long time that day!

ive got a pair of silver closed toe heels from ASOS, they were only £25 but they're perfect and I'll get loads of use out of them in the future.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think the Clarke pair are really pretty so I would go with either

buy both (but the Clarks may hurt if the DUne have already made your feet hurt)

or one pair plus flats or flip flops. In which case it wouldn't matter which pair.

I would hate to spend my wedding day crippled with hurts feet tho and I agree that style of the Dune kills the front of my feet. I've had those sort embedded in my swollen feet before now. Having been there done that I would chose the Clarks.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Cannot encourage you enough to go comfort over style my feet killed at my wedding and come just after photos I was bear foot it spoiled it a bit for me

• V
    Beginner October 2015
    Vicki2015 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely comfort first. My dress is floor length so the shoes can't be seen much anyway but it's the one bit of advice all 3 of my recently married friends gave me - make sure your shoes don't hurt your feet after an hour!

I can highly recommend Love Art Wear Art bridal shoes - I've got a 3 inch heel and yet it is so comfortable.

In terms of the above they both look nice to me so go for what pair feels best to you ?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

You're on your feet for such a long time, go for comfort! I agree that the style of the dune was is evil, they're pretty but so not worth being in pain for.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

I'd go for the dune pair but ya know what's important is what shoes you're comfortable wearing because you're going to be walking around, taking pictures etc. you wouldn't want to wear something that can hurt your feet Smiley smile good luck!

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I would say go for comfort. And the Clarks ones look just as nice in my opinion!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I've managed to get both in one - the shoes I always wanted are a comfortable height as a bonus! I'm still thinking about getting some flats - converse or Toms or something - for the night just because I always thought I would, but I don't think I need them.

Personally as the dress is long I would say go for what you'll be most comfortable in. And I agree, the Clarks ones are pretty too!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for comfort. I wore a pair of heels to a friends wedding which were a Kurt Geiger pair very similar to the dune ones - they killed my feet after about 2 hours - thankfully managed to change into flipflops after the wedding breakfast.

My shoes are flat Kurt Geiger ballet pumps - they are covered in sparkles, which makes them really pretty, but I went shopping for comfort - the fact that they are pretty is more of a bonus to me. The insole is padded and really bouncy, so my feet will thank me!

Beginner April 2016
    *Nik* ·
    • Hide content

I have definitely gone for look over comfort. My mum thinks I am mad but I absoltuely fell in love with them and can't think of wearing anything else. (these are mine https://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/pink-sparkle-platform-court-shoes_336885570)

I am happy wearing high heels and I know that regardless of the heel height my shoes would be off before the end of the day anyway. I am thinking of bringing my flip flops along to wear later on in the day as they are super comfy

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics