Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bittersweet
Beginner June 2012

Shopping trolley rage?!

Bittersweet, 13 February, 2012 at 21:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Is it just me or do supermarkets ever get any of you in 'Trolley rage?!' Some people drive me insane!!!

Been to our local Tescos tonight and some people, you would think are cooking their food before buying it, leaving their trolley in the middle of the aisle whilst they browse....up and down. In the end I raised my voice several times and rammed their trolleys out of the way. I can't bare food shopping the majority of the time but tonight was the worst!

And breathe.......

So what bugs you about shopping?!

(Changed my username by the way)

13 replies

Latest activity by 1234ABC, 14 February, 2012 at 11:21
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

In my local supermarket, you don't have to use a coin for the big trolleys but you do the little ones. That's fine, but what REALLY riles me is when I go to deposit my little trolley back in one of the shelter things and loads of people have shoved their big fat trolleys in front of the only plug thingy that releases the pound.

Grrrr.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

My husband always pushes the trolley when we go food shopping - it's safer that way...

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I actually think that my OH is worse (If at all possible!) He swears at people and makes himself heard. Often he is found down one aisle whilst i'm hovering down another, easier that way! ?

I understand some people like to take their time, but seriously?!

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

People that can see I am looking at/browsing shelves, and push their trolley right in front of me so I can't see any more. ? I usually move next to where they are standing, and block them in Ha!

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I hate when people walk and drag their trolley behind them, not looking and not caring where it goes or if it bangs into somebody. It really annoys me.

I also hate when people overload bags onto the handles of a pram, it just looks like an accident waiting to happen everytime I see it.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Three words - Tesco dot com!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Surprisingly enough with the fact I hate food shopping I have never shopped online. Don't like the idea of not being able to choose my fruits and veg and getting manky ones, plus the rubbish substitutions I've heard people getting. Although too many more shopping experiences like I had last night, I may resort to trying it!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't use it for fresh stuff, but it's great for sticking the cupboards and freezer with all the heavy stuff, you can check a box so that they don't substitute items. I then pop to the local fishmonger, butcher, greengrocer next to my work for daily bits and bobs

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what we do too. Every fortnight we do an online shop for cupboard stuff, frozen stuff and all the big, heavy things I hate to carry. Whenever we need more fresh fruit and veg, H picks it up on his way home from work. Muuuuuuuuch easier. The odd few times we do go to the supermarket for a big shop, I end up in a total rage.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I hate it when I'm looking at something and step back so somebody can get passed then they stop right in front of me and start looking at the thing I was looking at, leaving me standing in the middle of the aisle looking at their back! I want to shove their head into the shelf

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

People who stand examining every piece of fruit and veg and block the area with their trolley. I usually just sigh loudly and grab the first one I get my hands on!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

OH actaully will not go to Tesco with me anymore, he gets too scared.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I am awful in Tesco. We usually do our shopping on a Monday night because it's quite quiet....not last night. Everyone was out on force doing some last minute shopping for food or presents for their valentine.

H pushes the trolley because i will just run people over. I start out pleasant and polite, but by the end of it, i'm for throttling the next person that walks into me.

We had this woman followed us all the way round the shop last night and at almost every turn she'd get in the way. She walked away from her trolley at one point and i was going to push it into another aisle i'd had had enough by that point, but H wouldn't let me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics