Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

charlie_rabbit01
Dedicated June 2020

Short or long Bridesmaid dresses if my wedding dress is tea-length?

charlie_rabbit01, 19 of February of 2015 at 11:32 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi all

I'm planning to wear a tea-length gown for my wedding in white, my bridesmaids will be in cobalt blue but i'm un-decided on whether they should also have short or long dresses. I know I want theirs to be fairly straight as mine has a full skirt.

What did you do/would you suggest?

Any photos showing the comparison would also help!

Thanks all

11 replies

Latest activity by Chucklevision, 20 of February of 2015 at 08:46
  • TheFutureMrsB
    Beginner June 2015
    TheFutureMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Have you asked your bridesmaids what they would prefer to wear? All mine said knee length so that was that lol

I guess it depends on the style of dress you pick for them?

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    Janeycam5 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I'm wearing a tea length gown and my bridesmaids are wearing long, straight elegant black dresses. Partly as I wanted the contrast with my dress but also as my wedding is in November so thought long dresses may look better (and keep the girls a bit warmer!).

Personally, I like long bridesmaids dresses alongside shorter wedding dresses as I think it makes the bride 'pop' but that's just my taste. I think shorter dresses in the summer months would also look nice.

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content

They are happy to wear what ever I want which is lovely, but I have said as they are completely different body shapes that I am happy for them to be different styles for the top half but should both be the same length and matching blues but not necessarily the same blue.

Plus they are buying their own so a degree of flexibility on all sides is required.

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we're getting married in September 2015 which can be great but also chance of rain especially in the UK.

This is my thought with the dresses long and straight as a contrast to mine, but wondering what others have done.

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

I dont know if this will help but i did find a picture with the dresses the same length (not very well posed, sorry)

http://s573.photobucket.com/user/thespianverse/media/Simple%20Cup%20of%20Tea/tumblr_lfwlk47vzc1qfkckno1_500_large.jpg.html

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I think either works well. I quite like this -

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I think both looks great, although its really hard to find pics of full length with a tea length bride. I love this look:

And a couple for colours:

Biggest thing is what suits them though. I can wear short or long dresses, but tea length looks utterly ridiculous on me! Haha.

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing tea length and my BM is wearing a straight and long dress, with the same sort of design over the bust as my dress.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

These. seen wiggle dresses twice with tea length full skirted bridal and both times looked amazing.

http://www.lindybop.co.uk/all-dresses-c1/alma-vintage-1950s-bombshell-style-pinup-satin-wiggle-pencil-bow-dress-p259

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

For me, bridesmaids could wear a short dress too since the white would stand out with the cobalt blue Smiley smile

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

For me, bridesmaids could wear a short dress too since the white would stand out with the cobalt blue Smiley smile

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I have a t length dress & I've gone for a shorter bridesmaid dress, but I'm only got one BM so I thought it would look weird & out of sync if snbe had a full length dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics