Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Short Wedding Dresses

mbunnage, 25 of November of 2015 at 13:34 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for short/tea length wedding dresses and its proving a bit difficult, I can find photos of some online, but hardly any of the stockists I've spoken too actually have any in stock. (I'm in Manchester if that helps.)

I'm hoping someone out there will have gone through this as well and be able to save me doing all the same work again! I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any designers that do a wider range of shorter dresses, or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

Mari

22 replies

Latest activity by AKWedding, 16 of December of 2015 at 12:21
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at the bought my dress post from Kat. She just got her short one from Monsoon at an outlet and it's gorgeous. There have been lots or really pretty short or tea length dresses featured lately.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, Monsoon do some lovely ones and so do Coast.

Good Luck!

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

I got this one from Phase Eight. Its unworn (size 18) as it didn't fit me on the day so I wore an alternative.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

This is the website for a shop near me that only does tea length dresses: https://www.cuttingedgebrides.com/

The shops in SE London so probably no good for you, but there might be some designers on their website that you haven't tried yet. Just a thought.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

I am not sure what your budget is but I loove looking at House of Mooshki and daydreaming:

http://www.houseofmooshki.com/our-dresses/

• I
    Beginner January 2016
    imabusybee ·
    • Hide content

I've got the Betty Blossom dress from Kitty & Dulcie online http://www.kittyanddulcie.com/

• Neil Walker Photography
    Neil Walker Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mari,

This bride got her dress from furcoatnoknickers.co.uk, I think it's one of the most beautiful dresses I've photographed.

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

Try Wed2be in the centre of Bolton. It's an outlet and you can go and try on without an appointment. They had quite a few short dresses when I went a few months ago. If nothing else you get to try on several styles. I had a nice experience when I went and I was pleasantly surprised by the service and the number of styles they had. I didn't find my dress there but it was really helpful deciding what I liked and didn't like on me. I bought a dress I never imagined I'd like in the end but I learnt you can never judge a dress without trying it on. Good luck.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I visited Wed2B in Bolton and found my dress- a short number, like the kind you're looking for. They had a few different short ones, but not many- think I tried on three short and one long. This one is mine;

It's a little big on me, and I'd like to maybe add another underskirt- but I was pretty happy with it, as it was everything I was looking for and only £450.

The only thing I'd say about Wed2B is - prepare for the wait! You're only allowed to try on 4 dresses at a time, and we were waiting 2 hours for a fitting room.

Was worth it to find the dress though, and the fitting lady I had was amazing.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you can try dressilyme..

some forum say about it

• J
    Beginner April 2013
    JanetJones ·
    • Hide content

Mine was House of Fraser - £140.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    mbunnage ·
    • Hide content

Ah I had looked at house of mooshki before and really like them and then completely forgot about them, thanks for the reminder! The daydreaming is definitely in full swing! Smiley laugh

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    mbunnage ·
    • Hide content

And thank you everyone for your replies, I've used your suggestions to find a couple stockists near me that will hopefully have my dream dress!

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    Elephants ·
    • Hide content

I am a Mooshki bride. If you can afford one they are beautiful. Cheshire Bridal Wear in Altrincham stock them. I also tried one on in Berketex in Manchester Arndale but I hear they have mixed reviews about their customer service. Good luck with the dress hunt ? x

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Another Mooshki vote, although as Jayne said, I bagged an absolute bargain with mine!
    I also tried on in wed2b Liverpool and they had a really good selection, also copplestone brides Liverpool (although I didn't rate the customer service, and a lady was in complaining and the woman really didn't deal with the complaint well at all!)

High street retailers have a lovely selection too X

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

Try to find a loulou bridal stockist near you - they have lots of short dresses and I believe are quite reasonable. I'm going looking at some on Tuesday!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    mbunnage ·
    • Hide content

I did it! Went to Cheshire Bridal Wear (amazing place if anyone's looking!) and I've gone for a Mooshki Audrey - but sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline, it looks absolutely gorgeous and I'm so excited!!! Thanks for all your help!!

• C
    Beginner September 2015
    Choods87 ·
    • Hide content

Yay!! I was a Mooshki Bride too, I adore all of their dresses and the Audrey is beautiful!

I went for Darla myself Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Hi,, maybe you can check it online form etsy, weddingwire, dressylie, or wallao maybe.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Its already been said but lou lou bridal are good. I tried a few of theirs on.

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    Elephants ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's so exciting that you went for a Mooshki dress. I thought Cheshire Bridal Wear were fab. ? x

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Hurrah, this is such great news! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics