Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mooshy
Beginner April 2014

Shortest aisle ever - music

mooshy, 28 of February of 2014 at 21:38 Posted on Planning 0 8

I was dreading walking up the aisle, to me it's the stuff nightmares are made of, so I asked my venue if I could have the ceremony around the fireplace in the hall rather than the usual set up of a long walk up to the stage and they agreed. So, I literally have the shortest of short aisles and I am stumped now with regards to music. I was going to have the acoustic version of Everlong but I doubt the intro would have even finished by the time I get to the fireplace! I don't know if I should try and find a short instrumental piece or even bother with music at all... any suggestions?

This is how small the width of the room is, instead of the chairs facing forward they will be around the fireplace, the door is pretty much opposite the fireplace:

8 replies

Latest activity by FHB, 3 of March of 2014 at 10:27
  • H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Could you have your bridal party proceed you which would allow more time for the music? My aisle is tiny too as it's a registry office and I will have the bridesmaids go in front of me and will start out when they reach the top.

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jo-jo1983 ·
    • Hide content

My aisle is very short also approx 8 rows of seats long. I have chosen an instrumental pink song as my aisel one but i am goign to get my 2 ring bearers to walk down the aisle first, followed by my 2 bridesmaids (single file) then myself and my dad. Maybe even choose a song and use the chorus from it?

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

I'd definately have some music of some description.

You dont have to start walking in as soon as it starts, even if you have a 45 second except and only start walking in after 20 seconds?

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    Grumps ·
    • Hide content

Stupid question alert: could you have the music start waaay before you enter the room (at which point everyone will know you're in the building, as it were) and then walk in at an appropriate musical time (chorus / special line in the song etc.)?

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My aisle is about 6 rows of chairs long. As we are having 'live' music I think this is the option I'll go for so not stupid at all! I think a little music would be good OP but itdoesnt have to be anything special.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately I'm not having a big bridal party so I can't stagger the entrance too much, just my MOH to walk in front of me.

MOH was here this weekend as it was my hen do so I tried to work the timing out with her. She says that by the time I've frozen in the door way at the sight of everyone waiting for me the song will have played out a little ? haha.

I decided I definitely still want my song so I've managed to edit it from being 4 minutes 15 seconds to 1 minute 52 seconds, that will probably still be a little long but I'll at least get some of it played!

• terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

It seems to me that every wedding that I have been to, the bride walks down the isle and as soon as she reaches the groom the music just stops, dead, no fading or letting it play out a bit and this is my worst fear.. I want a wedding entrance like Bella had in breaking dawn, lol. is it a common thing for music to carry on playing for a bit while you say "hello" to the groom so to speak? I quite like the idea of having a stolen moment with him before we start?

Maybe you could get some one to turn it down gradually and have the minister talk over it, until eventually it fades out, however this would mean having a dedicated person in charge of the cd player, lol.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I agree the timing of this is key for it to work well. I went to a wedding 18 months ago and a friend played the bride down the aisle on her violin. The bride almost ran down the aisle leaving the friend playing for what seemed an age. They hadn;t planned it at all or agreed just how much of the tune the firned would play and she was so nervous she couldn;t just stop. We all had a laugh about it afterwards but it was uncomfortable. I'll be having some music on my ipod that we'll time so that it doesn't go on for too long, but doesn't have to be cut off in it's prime.

I think if you want a vocal piece, it's worth sitting and really thinking about how you want it to work so you get the right words at the right time and that might mean it playing for a while before you enter or editing/fading it so that it starts where you need it to. It csn be done relatively easily, you just need to plan it that's all.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

The aisle on the chapel we are marrying in is quite short, and no matter how slowly I try...I'm down it before I even know it. Our organist has suggested he plays 30 seconds of the song, then the bridesmaids will enter (just two, walking down together) and then me and dad...and he will continue to play when I have reached my groom, to give the girls a chance to sort my dress/veil..and let dad settle down etc. you'd be surprised how much you can squeeze out of your arrival lol. My absolute nightmare would be to walk down in silence, even for the short journey that it is. Or for the music to stop dead when I reach the end

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics