Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Shots as favours...opinions please!

Moonbeam88, 19 of February of 2015 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi

I'm thinking of doing shots as our favours and need some opinions! We might do a choice of two...what would your favorite be???

I'll also have some cake pops for kids / nans / teetotals etc.

I like the idea of the speeches ending with a thank you and a cheers / get the party started!

Thanks!

13 replies

Latest activity by 2016bridetobe, 20 of February of 2015 at 09:09
  • I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have this at my wedding as I think it promotes binge drinking and may make non-drinking guests feel alienated or 'not fun' like the others, nevertheless my favourite would have to be sambuca.

I would also check with your venue that they don't have a crazy corkage rule, I've heard of some places that would charge corkage for each shot consumed on the premises.

• H
    Beginner June 2015
    HC2015 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding where the favours were bags of sweets, but included a shot of skittles vodka in a mini jar with a cork stopper. That was really good fun as they were all different colours and nicely presented, rather than just being a normal shot of spirits you'd have in a bar. Alternatively something which isn't too strong or has a flavour might go down well - if its after the wedding breakfast then presumably people will already have had a fair bit of wine to drink, so I wouldn't go too potent! Don't get anything which has a strong odour either - I find Sambuca tends to linger after you do a shot of it!

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

Making your own flavoured vodka would be fun - toffee, skittles, fruit.

We are doing gin for our favours - raspberry and lime & chilli.

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I'd say sambuca, but thats because it is my favourite drink/all i drink when i am out - there are some wonderful flavoured and coloured sambuca so you could probably get a one to match your theme/set up Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    S2BMRSB ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding two years ago where they did something similar, after each speech (there were two) everyone had a shot. I was sceptical when we were first told, but it ended up being the most fun wedding I have ever been to!! (Not that this is only because of two shots) Yes people were more tipsy than the other weddings I had been to but no one got stupidly drunk. Don't know how the people who couldn't drink felt, but I didn't hear anyone complain about it.

Maybe something like sours so its not too strong? Although if you want to know what I would really want would have to say tequila!

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea. It was actually one I was looking into for my favours. I was hoping to have personalised shot glasses with a mini jagermeister for everyone. It just worked out too expensive for us.

We've now decided to arrange for a round of shots to be made available later on in the evening when the DJ plays 'Tequila' Smiley smile

x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This….. unless all of your guests drink shots, then others would feel out of it. As a non-drinker, it would be wasted on me I'm afraid Smiley smile

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Shots are a great idea, maybe something else as well for the non drinkers. I don't see how it promotes binge drinking, I'm sure your guests are responsible enough to know whether or not they should be drinking it.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! All our guests are drinkers really apart from literally grandparents and kids so I don't think anyone would be offended / put out at all. I do like the idea though of having a round available later so if it did work out too expensive we may go down this route as I suppose you could cater for less when people aren't all sat. x

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

I think its a great idea. Definitely something different

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

I think they're a great idea. Gets people talking. We were going to make some rum punch favours but decided on something else in the end. My OH is Polish so there will be plenty of vodka shots at our wedding!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think its a great idea.

We had mini bottles of whisky in our goodie bags for each guest. I also went to a wedding last year where the favours were personalised shot glasses and they served shots of Lemoncello after the speeches.

As already mentioned check with your venue regarding corkage and also that they have enough shot glasses for everyone unless you are planning to provide them yourself.

Beginner August 2016
    2016bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last year where they had bottles on the tables with shot glasses. Needless to say it was great fun toasting the bride and groom!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics