Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Dedicated March 2024 Essex

Should i Book hmu

Alison, 27 of December of 2022 at 10:45 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 1

Getting married March 24. 4pm ceremony with 4 adult bridesmaids and one flower girl (will be 5, almost 6).

I feel like I should want to get my hair and make up done professionally and I definitely want to look my best and I also am wondering if my bridesmaids are expecting it.
HOWEVER:- I absolutely despise going to the hair dressers. I have quite sensory needs about my hair so I would not enjoy the experience of having my hair done. I have never had my make up done professionally but I generally don’t enjoy being faffed about with.-I am a poor sleeper, particularly when I have something big to worry about. Part of the reason for the 4pm ceremony is to give me the opportunity for a lie in (as knowing you have to get up early makes it harder to sleep). I don’t want to be tired and zombie like on my wedding day. I’m concerned with 6 people’s hair to do we would have to be up at the crack of dawn even though our ceremony is late in the day.
What I absolutely don’t want to do is just straighten my hair and end up shoving it up in a scrunchie so if I don’t book hair I am going to have to work out a decent way of doing it myself. I’m pretty confident doing my own make up mind you.
Just trying to weigh up the pros and cons…

1 replies

Latest activity by Paybyplatema, 4 of May of 2023 at 06:16
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on having a date set!!

Somethings it’s good just to communicate your issues. I understand what you’re saying about sensory issues - mine are not quite with the hairdressers but I don’t enjoy my hair being down in my face or some days I just wake up and really don’t want anything on my skin.
    Brilliant idea with the late ceremony which is something that clearly works for you. The girls getting ready early on will help relieve that pressure and give you time to get that extra sleep in. Do you have any savvy or good practical bridesmaids? Maybe you could find her a course or a local hairdresser who could teach her the style and maybe she could replicate this for you? Maybe having somebody you know doing it would help the sensory overload. Or alternatively you learn a style yourself but that might be stressful.
    Good luck xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics