Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FutureMrsM
Beginner July 2022 Hertfordshire

Should i change my ceremony time?

FutureMrsM, 3 of November of 2021 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 11

So we're getting married in July 2022 and I originally booked the church ceremony for 12pm. If we had our reception until 10, do you think that would be a long day? We're having a small wedding with mostly family and our food will be BBQ. We're also on a small budget. I asked the church and they said they can do either 1:45 or 3:30 on the day.

What do you think?

11 replies

Latest activity by Allison, 7 of November of 2021 at 11:56
  • FutureMrsM
    FutureMrsM ·
    • Hide content
    Anyone have any ideas?
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

It would help if you could mention the nature of the reception venue, -- city restaurant, hotel, stately home, pub function room ? the time of year and how many guests your are having or how far travelling time from the Church to the venue. How many bridesmaids are going to be needed to get ready and at what time in the morning to get to the Church for a 12 ceremony. All of these factors will have an effect on timing considerations.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We opted for 12 as although it is a small wedding we wanted to make the most of the day, time goes so fast and we want to ensure we have time to mingle with our guests and really enjoy the day. By the time the ceremony is done and you have had photos etc it will be about 2-2.30, so you may have an hour or so before your meal so you can mingle. the meal takes a couple of hours normally with speeches so you then have an hour or so after that before the evening so you can take some time out just the 2 of you or spend time with your guests. Personally I would stick with 12 and give yourself time so you don't feel like you are rushing through they day. Of course if you are not planning to have a traditional meal and speeches then the later time may be a good idea to make it more relaxed with the BBQ.

• Hayley
    Dedicated August 2024 East Sussex
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    I personally think its whatever the type of time you would think is best a long day does not matter our ceremony is at 10am and our reception ends between 11pm-12am
  • K
    Curious August 2022 West Yorkshire
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    I am getting married at 3 and reception is from 5pm till midnight xx

• FutureMrsM
    FutureMrsM ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Bill,

It will be in a town hall, the end of July and about 60 guests. the venue is 5 minutes away from the church. There will be three bridesmaids. It takes 15 minutes the max to get from hotel to venue.
    Many thanks
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok

60 (day ) guests is not a small wedding actually.

Town Hall = usually attached to some outdoor space available

July = options for people to use out door space.

3 bridesmaids 5 mins from Church = for a 12.00 wedding no need to get up at 5 am to start hair and make up.

15 min transfer from Church to venue = no need to factor in lengthy transport.

Given all of that I would say keep your 12.00 wedding. Considering most weddings are from 1 or 2 until 12 midnight., yours is the same time span but from 12 till 10 pm which is quite an early finish but made up with the fact you are starting early.

• D
    Savvy January 2023 Lancashire
    Daniella ·
    • Hide content
    My ceremony is at 12:30 and my reception is on until 1am! Just go with what’s best for you. The day will be so busy, I want to make sure there’s time to enjoy it all too. X
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony is 12 and our evening will go on until midnight. We wanted to make the most of the day, as well as the money haha.
  • A
    Beginner June 2022 Greater Manchester
    Anji ·
    • Hide content

To be honest we are having ours at 4pm so the guests didn't have to wait long and head straight to reception. we're only having close friends and family and many are older.

• Allison
    Beginner February 2022 California
    Allison ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds about right; weddings are a long day but a 12pm ceremony is a good time to have it. You can always consider canapes to keep guests well fed before their meal, which is naturally the biggest issue with a ceremony at this time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics