Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2016

Should I make my full length dress Ankle length?

MulticolouredBride, 17 of May of 2016 at 14:37 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi Ladies,

I've been umming and ahhing over this for ages so thought I'd ask you lovely Ladies your opinions..

This is my dress....

Im happy enough with it but can't help thinking it's just so 'Safe'. I wanted plain as I'm going for statement jewellery and belt.. I'm also probably going to lower the neckline slightly or make it sweetheart and use the spaghetti straps it comes with.

I've always loved High Low dresses but know they're not to everyone's taste... I also quite like the idea of a shorter dress as I'm going for a really laid back wedding but my Mum was pulling her face.. 'You only get to wear a wedding dress once yada yada yada'

I'm really tempted to have the dress shortened to ankle length but keep the train so it's still a 'Wedding' dress... something like this..

I think it really changes the plain dress and makes it more funky/me...

I just really like the idea of something a bit different... and I won't be tripping up everywhere when I change to my ballet pumps when the heels start to kill ;-)

Honest opinions please... xx

8 replies

Latest activity by katiepoppycat, 20 of May of 2016 at 15:35
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

It would have been an immediate Nooo from me till I saw the second pic. I absolutely love it and you can have orgeus shoes that will show. So now I'm "go for it" as long as they can alter it so it hangs perfectly like the pic.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I'm a big lover of the different length wedding dresses (I'm having a slightly longer than knee length, slightly shorter than ankle length dress) - so I'm probably a little biased!

I really love the style of the second picture though and think you will get the best of both worlds!

Don't let people tell you what to wear - I went dress shopping with my sister and she said I didn't look like a bride in my chosen dress and tried to force me to get a veil - really off putting and upset me for a few days until I realised I'd always wanted a shorter length dress, so I thought balls to her!

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm with Jane. I was going to say nooooooo, until I saw that second picture. It's gorgeous, and as long as it hangs like the pic then you'll totally rock it, without it becoming any less bridal x

• M
    Beginner September 2016
    MulticolouredBride ·
    • Hide content

OOooh. .. this is definitely swaying me...

The material is really light (the lady in the shop even commented how light the dress was) so I think it should hang right. .. I'll see if we can pin it first so we can check. .

When I look at pictures of me in the dress, all I can think is how the bottom part looks so much longer than the top so I think this will fix that and also make the dress a bit less boring..

I just wish the dress would hurry up and get in the shop so I can pin it and sleep on it before my alterations fitting xx

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I'm with the others I was in the massive no, god you must crazy camp until I saw that second picture, it looks absolutely fabulous! Go for it xx

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

Love it! I am a massive lover of the shorter front dresses! It defo up there for my list when I am dress shopping!

• NorthernLights
    Beginner November 2017
    NorthernLights ·
    • Hide content

I'm with Jayne E on this one! At first I was thinking oh my gosh no!
    and then I saw the photos.... The shorter ankle length at the front and the train in the back looks stunning.
    Very fashionable and different too - but not too stand out-ish!
    Love it!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for do it! The picture/idea looks really cool and different Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

I think it will look great but then i'm biased . . . . i'm approaching it from the opposite direction! i've ordered a dress that has that high low thing that is tea length - i'm keeping the high low and having it made to ballerina or ankle length. i thought i'd want tea length but it doesn;t do my chunky legs any favours Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics