Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2009

Should i wear a necklace or not?

sarahv75, 29 March, 2010 at 20:02 Posted on Planning 0 12

I've been debating this for a few weeks now and the wedding is getting nearer and nearer and i still haven't made a decision!

This is my dress and earrings. Do i need a necklace, and if so, what sort?

12 replies

Latest activity by The Little Jewellery Box, 30 March, 2010 at 10:54
  • L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

I would say you dont need a necklace as the dress is so detailed up top.... but if you did want one, id just go for a pretty simple one.

lovely dress and earrings by the way!

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, think this'll depend on a few things. Firstly are you having your hair up or down? If it's up you might need something there but if down you probably wouldn't. Also what is your style for the day? Glitz and glamour or very simple because I think that'll make a difference? What about asking some of the HIBs for some pics and suggestions.

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Firstly I don't want to offend, I think your dress is lovely, but does is it quite cleavagy on? I noticed on the picture the model looks quite cleavagy (I know that's not a word!) and if it was me, I would want a necklace so I didn't have a big area of bare skin there. I don't know if I would go for a statement piece like the model has on, it might detract from the dress, but I would probably want something.

I love where it fastens on the hips and swoops down, its a lovely dress x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Your dress is one of my favourites as I like the shape and sparkles. I think you could wear a really simple necklace and it would look fine. These designs are made with Swarovski AB Crystals and can have as many strands as you want . The crystals appear to float in mid air as I use clear material so it would give a really delicate touch of sparkle without being heavy.

You could also easily wear a Sterling Silver pendant like this

Are you planning on wearing any hair accessories?

Happy to help suggest ideas.

Lynsey x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I do think its down to personal taste. Do you usually wear necklaces and would feel bare without one? Myself, I would always wear a necklace except with some halternecks.

One of my brides (hitcher, MonkeyMavis) had a very detailed corset so opted for a simple pendant

I have this evening made a pendant and earring set which incorporates a drop crystal with a diamante rondels and another crystal on top which would work with your earrings well. I am yet to photograph them, but if you would like me to email over a photo tomorrow please let me know.

Plenty more ideas on www.louloubelle.co.uk if you fancy a browse. Please let me know if I can help at all.

Lisa x
    ****@***********.**.**

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Just remembered that Penguin (not seen her around for a while) had a sparkly dress and wore an illusion necklace called Simplicity http://lynseysdesigns.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/fgallery/fim_photos.php?album=necklaces-bridal&image=simplicity.jpg

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a hair trial on friday and am pretty sure i'm having it up, although will see what the hairdresser suggests! The style for the day is quite simple and i wouldn't want a necklace as glam as the one in the photo.

I think i like the idea of a pendant necklace - i do usually wear necklaces so yes i think i would feel a bit naked without one. My mum said I can borrow her pearls but although they look lovely with the dress, they're just not me!

Sadly my cleavage has more or less vanished since i decided to lose weight for the wedding, so i won't look like the model... *sob*!

Thanks for the links - off to have a look on those websites now ? x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I wish my cleavage would disappear...us girls are never happy. ?

For pendants there are so many different ways of designing them so if you want to see any mocks ups I'm happy to do that without any obligation.

Lynsey x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Just uploaded a quick (and awful!) piccie of one of the new designs I mentioned earlier. The diamante rondells are AB rather than clear crystal which it seems will co-ordinate with the diamante in your earrings.

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

That mdoels boobies look fabby! i want my boobies to look like that, anyway I think a necklace would look really nice

xx

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

Stunning dress!

it does look a bit low so i would go for a simple necklace, like the illusion one posted by PG x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I think it would look nice with a simple necklace

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Really gorgeous dress, I love it!!

I think a simple pendant necklace would look lovely.

I have lots of pretty pendant necklaces on my website below, most of which are in the sale at the moment!

Anyway, here are just a few ideas below. The crystal colour can be altered or pearls can be changed to match the colour of your dress. What colour are you having your dress in?

Marcella Pearl

Marcella Crystal
    - I think the silver detailing on the marcella necklaces would go really well with the detail on your bodice and with your earrings

Simone Necklace
    - silver filigree detailing to match detail on your dress. This can be made with pearl or crystal.

Antonia Necklace
    - Lovely simple classic crystal drop with tiny pearl detail

Camille
    Necklace - one of our popular designs, very pretty

Hope that helps a little. Let me know if you have any queries!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics