Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2012

Should we postpone our wedding or not?

christabella6, 24 October, 2011 at 13:52 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi ladies i have been planning my wedding now for Aug next yr. I have most of the work done for it. But i have just found out that i am pregnant. Have spoken to a few friends and family and have had mixed responses. Some say yes go ahead with the wedding others not. I am due the end of june and was just wondering if you were i what would you do???

Also i have my dress bought. It is a size 12 but dont know whether i should get a size 14 just incase i put on abit of weight and this one doesnt fit. We are so happy this has happy but bad timing!

14 replies

Latest activity by **Shelley**, 26 October, 2011 at 11:58
  • C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi yes we have most of it covered. I suspect we will have alot of takers to look after the baby on the day. My main worry i think is what if put on lads of weight will 7 weeks be long enough to shift it...lol.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I would perhaps speak to the shop where you ordered your dress to see if it can be changed to a 14, it's probably easier to take in rather than let it out.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone is different but believe me, the last thing on your mind will be loosing weight in the 7 weeks between baby and wedding!

Another thing to think about, what if you go 2 week overdue?

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrswebb2b ·
    • Hide content

It depends how motivated you are to lose weight in the first few months i only lost a few pounds i wasnt trying but to be honest i didnt have time to worry about diets i just ate when i could. I put on about 3 stone and a year later id lost a stone and half of it. I still have the rest to go over a year later. However i havent really stuck to it and im one of those dieters who lose 1-2lb a week instead of a massive amount.

Another thing i would say is your body shape can change alot, mine did i put weight on i different places and obviously i have the baby belly!

Are you quite small anyway? Id say it depends how bothered you are about being back to your pre baby weight. All that matters at the end of the day is your marrying the man you love and you will have your beautiful baby there to celebrate with you !

CONGRATULATIONS!

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Ah thank you. I already have the baby belly as i have another daughter. I never got rid of it but i blame it on her going breech and ending up having a section. Think its harder to shift the weight after one of them. I am 42yrs and have been told that they wont let me go over my due date as once you hit 40 there is a risk of the placenta starting to break down and so they dont take the risk with us older mums.

I can see it from both sides. But i have worked so hard on this that i think it would kill me to have to delay it. But then i see why i should also. Thank god we havent sent out the invites yet so we do have a bit of thinking time.

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi and congratulations!

I have 2 friends this has happened to and in tighter time frames than yours so its definately possible. I'm not sure what one friend did but the other bought a sample sized dress (she wasnt at all big in the first place so just a bigger size may do) and it was then fitted about 2 weeks before the wedding. I would go in and chat to a dress shop and see what they can do- you may have to change the size 12 dress but thats probably much less hastle than changing everything else. Obviously the decision is up to te 2 of you but I would say go for it! Good luck!!

• S
    Beginner October 2012
    Snowberry ·
    • Hide content

Its certainly do-able. However if you have to have a c-section you are supposed to rest for 6 weeks afterwards so if that happens you might not be physically fit on the day.

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

I would say leave the date where it ispersonally.

A few months ago we were both extremely broody and decided that we could fit a baby in before the wedding if the timing was right (getting married July 28th), so went through the motions to TTC (I have a coil fitted so this needed removing). as it happened there were complications with removing the coil and we didn't get the chance to TTC before our time was up. - Hoping for a honeymoon baby now!

So I would say it's do able, yes it's only 7 weeks but if you are motivated to lose some of the weight you will. I would however see if you can change to a size 14 as it is much easier to take in than let out and it will be one less thing for you to stress over. HTH x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

CONGRATULATIONS i personally would see if you can postpone by just a couple of weeks or a month, and buy a 14 just incase, my first was a section and unfortunately so was my second and i really did need the 6 weeks recovery as had complications and a 2nd op within 6 hours, i couldnt have been worrying about a wedding and the first few weeks knock you for six as for losing weight after i only put on 1 stone 3 lbs and i lost it within the first 4 weeks but my body shape has changed so much so that may be something to consider good luck and keep us updated on your plans YOUR GOING TO BE A MUMMY AGAIN WHOOP WHOOP !! x

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies thank you all for your replies. We have decided that we are going to go ahead with it. We have put so much planning into the wedding and if we put it off who knows it might never happen...lol. My family will be complete on the day and as my maid of honour said to me things like dresses etc can all be fixed. So thank you once again and good luck with all your planning. x

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations.

That's the decision I would have made. Good luck with everything. x

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

Wow, congratulations!!!!

I say go for it!! Get a slightly bigger dress in case you are worried and certainly let your dress shop know so that they are prepared. What would postponing the wedding do? All your hard word of organising your wonderful day will be even lovely with your new son or daughter!

Good luck and all the best!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics