Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

Should you overinvite?

Elixia, 22 October, 2012 at 14:57 Posted on Planning 0 8

Just wondering if i should, the minimum for the venue is 50, i have rough list of 55 so to avoid missing the minimum and overinvite? i know some people may say no to the day do therefore would it be wrong to take that into account? if i overinvite the number bumps up to 63 and 60 was the number i gave the venue as an estimate.

8 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 22 October, 2012 at 16:40
  • Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I think most people lose around 5-10% of the people they invite. I would only invite those that you can afford to pay for, just in case they all say yes!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Yeah thats my fear .. they'd all say yes!

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

When they give you a minimum number that's usually the minimum you have to pay. They won't make you find extra people, just pay for them. If I was you I'd get your invites out early and then add extra people if you do have drop outs.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

aaaaaaah i see!! yes, i get it. the venue has a few rooms and wondered if i needed to hit the minimum to keep the required room.

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt over invite unless a)there is enough capacity in the venue, and b) you can afford for them all to say yes!

We put out our invites early with a rsvp 3 month before the wedding, then were able to send out a second round without people realising they hadnt been on the first list! Worked well.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

As long as you pay for 50 people I shouldn't think it will matter whether you actually have 50 people or not.

Invite the extras if you genuinly would like them to be there but otherwise I wouldn't bother. I'd rather pay for an empty space than pay for people who I wasn't realy that fussed about.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Okay i think i have a game plan, I'll invite the mains and wait til 3 months before if im short go to a reserve list. I had to cut people out due to cost to begin with (i have a BIG family) so it could pan out

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to invite the people I have the spaces for and then if anyone says they cannot make it bump up evening people to day guests. For this reason I will send out my evening invitations a month or so afterwards to allow for any no's.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics