Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bobbys_Girl
Beginner October 2017

Show me your cakes!

Bobbys_Girl, 15 of January of 2017 at 21:37 Posted on Planning 0 9

I am hoping to book my cake this week and looking for inspiration! I think I want a glittery tier and a polkadot tier included but whether they compliment I don't know!

Also, what flavours are you all having?

Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 4 of February of 2017 at 12:45
  • Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what our cake will consist of at the moment - H2B's dad is making it with a woman he works with (he's head of catering at a private school so not as bizarre as it sounds!) - we're having trouble tying him down to anything other than 'yes I'll make it' at the moment though! I want to do tasting etc, surely that's half the fun?! ?

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

We're having a slightly geometric designed 3 tier cake in our colours, with sugar paste records on the top. At our tasting we were sent away with 5 cupcakes in various flavours and a slice of fruit cake. Think we're going for, mint choc chip, lemon and fruit cake. Not 100% sure yet though xx

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a good tasting! We only got to try a piece of vanilla cake. I was hoping for a lot more cake to taste but maybe that was because the lady doing ours isn't in a bakery, she just bakes from home.

We are having cupcakes, half chocolate and half vanilla. I just asked her to make the chocolate ones seriously chocolate-y and the vanilla ones to be made into the butterfly cakes like we had when we were kids (OHs choice!) And we are having a semi-naked carrot cake on top to cut, which will be decorated with fresh flowers.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

A few years ago now, but we had this Tower of Desserts! Can't even remember the flavours now! Served with raspberry coulis. We didn't have the cutting cake on top.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That looks AMAZING!

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all of your replies!

We have a tasting booked in for the 7th and have chosen chocolate with Baileys frosting (a nod to my dad's favourite tipple), raspberry and white chocolate and fruit cake with the option of another one maybe added for a 4th tier.

• Ginguar
    Beginner May 1975
    Ginguar ·
    • Hide content

We are having a cake like this but with a plum ribbon, on top will be sugar figure bride and groom.

We are having the bottom 2 tiers as traditional wedding cake and the top 2 as vanilla sponge, the top on will be a dairy free version.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

This is what I'm hoping ours will look like:

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Mine is based around this cake.

The roses will be red however and there are going to be cupcakes around it. My sister is making it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics