Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2017

Show me your sparkle!!

Bektoria, 23 of April of 2015 at 11:10 Posted on Planning 0 38

Ladies!

Can you please post pictures of your ER, Carat, specs, finger size and where you acquired it from?

I'm looking for inspiration, its a toss up between an emerald cut and a round brilliant cut.

Thank you!

38 replies

Latest activity by Danielle, 19 of August of 2021 at 22:30
  • Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

Have looked up my insurance valuation to give you all the specs! Mine is emerald cut, surrounded by brilliant cut on the shoulders, and set in platinum 950 grade. the main diamond is colour E-F (colourless), clarity VS1-VS2 (very slightly included), 0.63 c, total carat including shoulder diamonds is 0.90. I can't remember what my finger size is, I think L? h2b bought it direct from a jeweler friend, but the same ring is sold in branches of David M. Robinson in the north west. I had no input whatsoever on the ring, so I really lucked out with h2b's good taste!

Picture below is of the ER with the WR. Photos really don't do it justice.

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

Sambarine that ring is beautiful!!!! Your H2B has wonderful taste! Smiley smile

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My ER is vintage so probably won't help I'm afraid! It is 9ct white gold with a ruby and diamonds and is size N. My WR is also white gold with diamonds and from Beaverbrooks.

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

1ct, colourless (sorry don't know all the lingo), ring size N, Round Solitaire cut, bought from Sakakini in Horsham.

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

ID, I hadn't seen a photo of your ER & WR together before... they make a stunning set!! really gorgeous.

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

ID, it does help! I never considered other gemstones before, so that's food for thought!! Thank you Smiley smile

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Good stuff Smiley smile I was pretty open to different kinds of stones but I love rubies so it was perfect. They do fit really well together - just goes to show you don't have to go down the custom-made WR route with shaped ERs.

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

I have thought of white sapphires, but not really sure where to look for them!

I have a pale tanzanite cluster ring, but my H2B doesn't like them.

We are never going to be able to announce our engagement at this rate!! Smiley tongue

• B
    Beginner December 2016
    b2be1 ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine ?

I was adamant i wanted an emerald or a cushion cut but as soon as i tried this on I fell in love with the simplicity of it - sparkles like crazy!
    It's an E SI1 Ex Cut and is 0,8 ct on a J (size 5ish) finger!

Have you tried any on? You may be surprised when you do!!!

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Mines from a shop called chatsfields (eastbourne). It's white gold 9crt I think and diamond around and apparently it's a rare green emerald. Unsure if they was just having my oh on (think it's more blue sapphire) . But does look green/blue when it's clean and I don't have it on my finger lol. I also think it's a size O. Which was really tight when I first got it. (Wedding ring & from h Samuels )

edit- just cleaned it, yup deffo blue sapphire and can't see any green lol. Think I may have just said that to him to make him feel better. Maybe he wasn't listening to them properly he has a habit of doing that :-) lol

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

B2be1, I have tried a few on in H.Samuels, but I wasn't in for long enough (the kids were acting up) to get a good feel for the different styles.

I've been looking at 77 diamonds, but I'm worried that I may buy a dull diamond, as there are very few photos to look at.

I'm gutted that I don't live near Birmingham, I'd love to spend a day walking around their jewelry quarter!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Another random one here to throw in the mix. It's sapphire and diamond, the diamonds are a 10th of a carat (as is my wedding ring) H chose it as he knows I love sapphires and that I didn't want a diamond (had one with an ex)

• B
    Beginner December 2016
    b2be1 ·
    • Hide content

I cant speak for emeralds but with a round, as long as you get an excellent cut diamond it's pretty much guaranteed to sparkle and not look dull.

I dont think clarity is as important in rounds as it's the way it is cut that creates the "fire"- I'm pretty sure with Emeralds you get flashes of light rather than a twinkle and therefore it's more important for the clarity to be better - the big open face of the diamond doesnt hide as many flaws.

Have a look online at blue nile, zoara etc - American websites but very helpful and will give you a good overview of what the diamond really looks like!!

Good luck!!! I wish i could go shopping for it all over again!!!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Mine's not your typical engagement ring, oh picked it and I love it! 9ct white gold, from Ernest Jones.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've had friends who have bought from 77 diamonds and their rings are gorgeous. They recommended 77 diamonds.

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies, I'll have a look about again.

I think I've had too much choice that it's starting to fry my brain!!!

Glad that we've decided on 2018 to get wed with all this indecision over one ring!!!

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha jesikab4u, just read your edit!!

It's a beautiful ring!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Heres mine...im not 100% on the details but its a bridal set x

• WideEyedWonder
    Beginner April 2016
    WideEyedWonder ·
    • Hide content

This is mine Smiley smile it's hard to show in a picture, but it's like a flower design, with a 0.4 carat diamond and twelve smaller diamonds round it. It's a size L in the picture but swapped for a J as it was too loose. It's from the Maple Leaf collection at Beaverbrooks!

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

Wideeyedwonder, that rock looks huge!!

I think I may have found mine, will post a picture in the morning if I decide on it. Smiley smile

All the rings that have been posted are blummin' beautiful!

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Emerald cut Emerald, surround by baguette diamonds set in platinum. Size H. From Victoria James in JQ Birmingham.

Show us your ring if you've got it!!!

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

I haven't got it yet, but here is the stock photo of what I'm hoping to get.

I like that its clean, simple and just a lovely little piece.

Just hope its as pretty when I get it!

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

It's 0.46 carats in 18ct White gold.

Its 1 emerald cut + 4 baguette cut stones.

I'm more surprised at how big it looks (Although I've yet to try it)

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

Wow bektoria that's a gorgeous ring! beautiful choice.

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

Citygirl29, your diamond is beautiful!!

I'm going to a family jeweller tomorrow to "have a play" as my H2B says, I'll see if they have something similar that I can try for size!

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    RomanticBlueFlowers251 ·
    • Hide content

This is mine:

platinum, princess brilliant cut, vs1, E colour, 1.06 ct, from Hatton Garden (Diamond Palace).

originally I wanted and was adamant, a round cut but when I tried them on it made my hand look, I dunno how to describe it, old? it really didn't suit my hand at all And looked super weird!

However I stressed 2 things with this ring, the prongs of the 4 corners had to be the smallest they can be as I didn't want them covering the diamond when looking straight on. The other was I didn't want the diamond sitting high up so that it sticks out as I didn't want it catching on things as I am pretty careless!

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

That was my other preference, a princess solitaire. I love them, there's something about the Emerald, Princess, Radiant and Asscher cut diamonds that make my jaw drop...

• L
    Beginner April 2015
    LisaMH78 ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine - ER from 77 diamonds and WR from Samara James

• B
    Beginner August 2017
    Bektoria ·
    • Hide content

LisaMH78, what spec is your 77diamond ring please?

(sorry for being nosy...)

• WideEyedWonder
    Beginner April 2016
    WideEyedWonder ·
    • Hide content

Aww that's lovely Bektoria Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

Heres mine 0.93ct, SI2 clarity diamonds on 18ct white gold, we did get in in cyprus though, maybe a bit far away Smiley smile

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ER twins! That's the one I've got! I fell in love with it immediately when I saw it as it was so unusual.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics