Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Show me your wedding rings (please)

Purple Pixie, 20 February, 2012 at 09:50 Posted on Planning 0 46

Would you mind showing me what wedding rings you are having? I haven't got a clue other than that I want platinum to match my ER and that it can't be too wide.

Thanks, PP x

46 replies

Latest activity by Cilla, 21 February, 2012 at 14:33
  • Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Mines is from smooch, although I can't find the exact one on the website for some reason!

It's similar to this, though https://www.smoochrings.co.uk/collections/item/83K63/asInline/ except the gol band seems to be thick on only one side whereas mines is more symetrical. It's not what I would see when browsing on the website and think "wow!" but when I tried all of the styles on this looked perfect with my ER. It shows off my diamnond well without overshadowing it. I got mines in 3mm so its thin and dainty looking, which i what I wanted. I think ts just an eternity style.

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Ps sorry about the spelling errors, for some reason whatever I type on hitched now keeps going along one big line rather than dropping to the next line, and it wont let me see what is being typed after a while!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Why does taking pictures of your fingers always make them look fat?! My ring finger is only a size K which I thought was quite slender! lol

Mine are both very plain but classic. I hate hate hate dirt and dirty hands so anything with cut out bits, engraving or many stones was a no-no. I also work in a high-security lab because it contains potential bio-terroism threats as the bacteria are so nasty. I do not want any of those coming home with me stuck in my rings!

Both are platinum, my wedding band was made for meas I wanted one somewhere between a classic court and flat court. It is 3mm and medium-weight.

I do love my rings because of their simplicity, and would have chosen them anyway even if I didn't always have clean hands! In fact OH chose my engagement ring by himself and he did VERY well. Although it was too big... (can't have everything!)

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

We haven't bought ours, but here's some of the rings I like:

This is my first pick, if we can afford it, as it's the same brand as my ER and I like the 5-stone look.

Otherwise I'd just go for a plain platinum band like:

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

I emailed Smooch after I posted because I wanted to see a photo again and they've replied with a pic already ?

So here it is...

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Mine is just a traditional plain band, as diamond rings made my engagement ring sort of just blend into the back ground rather than stand out.

like this:

I did also fall in love with this, but we couldnt afford the tiffany price tag!:

• hannah22
    Beginner August 2012
    hannah22 ·
    • Hide content

Heres mine

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Mine's my avatar ?

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Oooo Salty! Is that the Ungar and Ungar floral range?

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

https://www.warrenjames.co.uk/_assets/images/products/large/9DIA017.jpg
  • JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh I LOVE this one! Where did you get it LL? Are the diamonds round or square? I can't quite tell.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

At the moment I am torn between this:

and something like this:

https://hartmanns.ie/show/diamond-rings/wedding-rings/burnish-set-round-diamonds-in-an-18ct-white-gold-band_32183/page/2

but shiny and with the 2nd and 4th stones either sapphire or blue diamond...

But not 100% certain about either,. think I'm going to try and find some other saphie and diamond options to try before deciding

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

That is beautiful DM! Very pretty. What is your ER like? I imagine it being hard to match up that wedding ring, gorgeous as it is.

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It most certainly is! I love nearly all of them. The one you're considering is gorgeous.

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Just had a look at the Hartmans one too - no wonder you're torn DM!

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Mine is also from Smooch......

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just not 100% certain yet... before going to the shop with the Ungar and Ungar rings I knew I wanted a 2mm, like the Hartman one (but not actually that one - that was just the closest pic I could find of what I was looking for), and then the flioral ones changed everything, but its £500 more than my other options...

I had decided that I wasn't looking for a match for my ER (cos I'm like that) but they do seem to compliment quite well... but the same is true of both designs.

I think I need to go try everything on again, and I'm also going to see if I can find some other designs with sapphires to try - I like the vintage feel of the Ungar one, and the other is very modern... its a harder decision than I thought it would be!

Anyway, this is my ER:

/webstore/d/****/18ct+white+gold+half+ct+diamond+solitaire+twist+ring/

Did any of you have a 'the one' feeling about your ring, like with a dress? TBH - I think I'd ratehr have it with the ring seeing as I'm wearing it forever!

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely ER DM.

They are expensive but as soon as I saw the Ungar & Ungar rings I knew I had to have one. Tried it on with my ER at a wedding fair and I was hooked!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

here be mine!!

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! boy did good!

I know what you mean, I saw them in the window of the jewllers and OH had just about had enough of the whole shopping malarky, thinking we had found 2 different places that could make what I thought I wanted at that point! I love them, just not certain about them as my WR... and the money too! it would pretty much wipe out the contingency fund!

Ah well, at least lunchtimes will be sparkly this week!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

There are some gorgeous rings on here! Thank you all for sharing.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I cant find my ring online for some reason, but here is my partners (mine is a mich thinner version)

/webstore/d/****/palladium+950+7mm+matt+%26+polished+ring/

We went for Palladium as its white gold with a covering of platinum.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The ring in your link is palladium. Palladium is palladium. It is in the same family as platinum with similar properties but less dense so it feels lighter and is a teeny teeny different shade of silver, but hardly noticable. It's also about half the price of platinum.

If a ring was white gold covered in platinum. It would be called just that. And it probably wouldn't be 'white gold', as white gold is just yellow gold with a rhodium plating to make it look pale silver. So not quite sure what your jeweller told you there...

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I dont really know what palladium was so i googled the last bit - note to self, dont trust the internet ?

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Here's my wedding ring! 18ct Rose Gold to match my ER. From www.weddingringsdirect.com

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Larkie08 ·
    • Hide content

Some lovely rings on here!

Here's mine:

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

This is mine. I wont be wearing my ER ring with it so didnt want a plain band.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

This is my wedding ring.

• kindred_spirit
    Beginner July 2013
    kindred_spirit ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow such pretty rings!!! I love all the sparkly ones!!!

This is a pic of my white gold ring and OH's palladium ring.

Getting them made by a parent at my school that just happens to be a jewellery designer!!! Yay!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow. those Ungar and Ungar rings are giving me wedding ring wobbles! I might have to hint about it as an eternity ring...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics