Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kentish Gal
Beginner July 2013

Shower curtain help x 2

Kentish Gal, 15 of September of 2013 at 19:08 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

Hoping someone has shower curtain knowledge. I have... none.

Do any mainstream UK stockists do double layer shower curtains? I'd like a nice shower curtain and would be prepared to pay a fair amount for one for my en suite, but they seem to have a limited shelf so it seems a bit foolish. If somewhere did decent quality designs with 2 layers then the look wouldn't spoil so quickly, plus I guess I'd be more inclined to look after it, I'm essentially a lazy moo! I've used some lovely one in US and there's a big choice there but not here.

Also, has anyone seen any Thomas Paul goods stocked in the UK? I'm in love with this shower curtain and think I need it but can't see it in UK anywhere. There's one a bit similar online here but doesn't do it for me in the same way Smiley smile

16 replies

Latest activity by Saisi, 16 of September of 2013 at 15:29
  • LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

In the past I have got a decent one then bought a cheap one and double up.

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Nope sorry, I think they're awful things that stick to you when you're wet especially when someone else walks in the bathroom! I like a glass screen one myself.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Glass screens for us as well. I guess if you have a shower in the middle of a room (a la Octopussy), maybe a curtain is OK? But I'd probable go for nothing, if there was that much space. Do you have a shower over bath, in the middle of a bathroom?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As I was writing my post I wondered why I had never given that a go before!! Smiley laugh

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Mine is also a 'cheapie' on the inside and a nice one on the outside.. but I would prefer a glass screen.. but then again I like the 'funkiness' you can get in shower curtain to brighten the room up

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a (sort of) corner bath, but I definitely prefer curtains anyway.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because the bath is oval shaped it's really roomy in the middle so never sticks.

One place I lived, and here actually before we changed it, had one of those little circular rails above where you stand so any movement outside of a two foot radius resulted in a full-on wrestling match with the curtain. Drove me crazy!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I did change to a glass screen when I had a new bathroom fitted.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I got mine in b&q and yes, it is a cheap and nasty on the inside but at least the outer bit stays pretty x

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I've only ever 'lived' with one in my student flat and it was horrid, like Jo im getting the willies just thinking about it- not to mention the mould.... Never heard of using two, why? I'm confused, similarly that you can get different qualities! I think if you have a choice and bathroom doesn't dictate you have to have one, I'd ditch the curtain for a screen.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do have a choice, though curtain will be easier/cheaper. Just never have liked glass screens. Have lived with both and definitely prefer the curtain. I like shutting everything out and it being total tranquility as though the rest of the world doesn't exist. Glass screens make me think of middle aged bathrooms done out caravan-stylee, though I've no clue where my prejudice comes from because not all bathrooms that have them are like that! The curtains I've had prior have been cheap and cheerful but I want to get one I'll love. It'll fit the new decor better too.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Have been hunting online for the Thomas Paul ones and can't find any except US as well :/
    Jeezo I thought paying £20 odds for our shower curtain was expensive haha!! I like the moby dick bath mat he has although we don't use one haha.
    Our shower curtain is wild dolphins (whole bathroom is for our boys benefit haha) and is really think quality and you can shove it in the washing machine so they don't all go mouldy just the really cheap see through ones haha Smiley smile I prefer them as well to screens don't know why!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for trying!

I like that bath mat too, really cute Smiley smile

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Ok, I'm still confused about the two layer thing, but I'm sure I've seen on Pinterest something like using a normal curtain then a plastic one inside. Don't think this would be strictly practical, but could give you something else to go on if you search for ideas like that?

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

We have upgraded to shower heaven in the new flat- glass screen Smiley laugh however at the old place I never had a problem with the curtain going minging- left it across after showering and sprayed mould & mildew on it after every other use or so. The last curtain we had was probably only a fiver from wilkos or similar and stayed nice and bright well over a year.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I'm amazed at all the shower curtain hatred haha. I HATE glass screens with a passion. OK if it's a glass door/walk-in shower type thing, but a shower-over-bath arrangement needs a shower curtain IMO. The glass screen never stops all the water so the floor gets wet, and there's always a gross line of mould/mildew/limescale on the bottom of the screen. HATE it. My shower curtains have never stuck to me, and never gone mouldy - do people not wash them?! We chuck ours in the washing machine every now and then.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics