Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sian-tiffany
Beginner May 2012

Sian Tiffany Wedding Report 18th May 2012 **With Flashes** - getting flash heavy but i cant help it :)

sian-tiffany, 11 of June of 2012 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 72

Well where do I start? I have so many things to say as I had literally the best day of my life. Sorry if this is a long one.

Background and the proposal

I started working at Bank of Ireland Mortgages in 2004 and noticed a hot guy in the office. After being friends for a year I wanted to take things further, now instead of being all nice and dainty about it what I did, if it was the other way around, is bad. I basically got him drunk and took him home. We all went on a work night out and I was driving so I offered myself as a taxi to a few people and Gary was the last stop. He asked if I wanted to come in for coffee (I think he knew I didn’t drink it) and that was the start of us. Over the years we went on holidays, both got made redundant, spent time with each others families and after an amazing holiday in Greece in 2006 I knew this was the man I wanted to spend my life with. In 2007 we moved in (on the day of the mass flooding in the south) – our house wasn’t flooded but the front and back were ruined and the inside was a dirt box. In December 2010 he made me the happiest person alive by asking me to marry him.

Gary isn’t the most outwardly romantic person but it’s the little things he does that make me love him. He proposed on a Sunday morning, he said im going to make a cake do you want some, I was on the sofa watching TV and said ‘that would be nice ill make some tea too’. Gary said ‘No you sit in there ill make it’. So he made a Victoria sponge with cream and jam, mmmmm. He asked if I could come in to the kitchen to cut a slice for us both, I walked round the corner and he was on one knee holding out the cake to me with the ring poking out the top and said ‘Can I bribe you with this cake to marry me?’. Well I didn’t know what to do, in my head I was thinking what you doing on the floor and noticed the ring (I didn’t even hear what he said)………………………….i looked at him in a daze and said ‘are you sure?’ he said ‘Yes and take this cake before I drop it’ I then noticed he was shaking and almost in tears (unheard if in the Stinton household). I took the ring and slipped it on – it was the perfect fit. I just jumped around saying ‘Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god,’ and gave him the biggest hug ever. He smiled at me and said he couldn’t imagine spending his life with anyone else.

72 replies

Latest activity by sian-tiffany, 2 of October of 2012 at 20:21
  • sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

More more more - type quicker ST !

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

Oh that is so romantic!! I need more!!!!!!!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ok, I'm crying.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

The build up

My last day of work was on the Tuesday before and my colleagues had got me a massive card bought me some dollars that I can use to spend. After work I went to get my eyelash extensions put in then back to Thatcham to get my eyebrows waxed and tinted – and so the prep begins. The florist called on Monday and said that she now wouldn’t be able to get the colours of our flowers till the Wednesday as she wanted to get them as fresh as possible – understandable but annoying (each table centre piece was a difference colour Gerbera). Wasn’t helpful as I wouldn’t be at work and needed a printer. Luckily my bridesmaid was working on the Wednesday so I wrote up the entire table plan and emailed them to her so she could write the colours on and print out, I would then pick them up as I was passing to drop off the men’s suits. Plan in place. We also had a call on the Monday night from Slaters confirming suits were in so I said id pick them up at 9.30 on Wednesday.

Wednesday morning. Got up and went to Basingstoke to pick up 8 suits. Got there and they gave me 6, I told them I ordered 8 and they said ‘oh we only have 6 here’ . Asked them to check what was going on and they said that I shouldn’t have been called as all the suits weren’t in but they should be in today at 11am so I could pick them up at 12 noon. Getting annoying I said ‘well if they come in at 11am ill be here by 11.30 as they best be ready’. So spent 2 hours wondering around Basingstoke buying more honeymoon clothes when the call came at 11.10am. They were all in. Went and got all 8 suits and put them in the car. During this time the florist had called and said that she has got 7 varieties of colours (I have 8 tables) and had to get 3 shades of pink, so what did I want to do. In the end I spread out the pinks and had a ‘rainbow table’ – we had White, Red, Yellow, Orange, Baby Pink, Fuchsia Pink, Coral & Rainbow. So now 2 hours behind im starting to get a little stressed. Nipped into work and met my BM who had done all my printing and went to drop off some of the suits as FIL’s house. He tried the suit on to make sure everything was ok (phew). Then off to nail appointment to get a manicure with Shellac French polish. Had a few minutes of relaxing which talking to the lady about my plans. Got home and had to re-do all the place names (background: My sister has lovely hand writing so she hand wrote all the place names but the pen wouldn’t dry?? So we put the hair dryer on it, blotted them, hair sprayed the, they just all smudged so we had to re- do them all. Gary and I spent ages carefully pulling off all the butterflies and gems the night before so I could put all the names on a document and the BM printed them out with the tables cards etc…) 60 and cut out all the backgrounds and tables name etc… but after the 4th one I was getting reckless as I was running out of time as had to have a shower, exfoliate then off to get sprayed. After doing table 4 for the third time I put everything on the floor and had a little cry. Now I don’t cry that often but for some reason the line wasn’t cut straight and it set me off. So I decided to stop and have my shower and go. Quickly wrapped OH present and wrote his card, put it under the bed to show the Best Man where to find it. Went off to get tanned and came out all glowing – very happy. Got back home and Gary had just got in. I told him about my day while I got back on with the cutting and he asked what can he do to help. So got him filling all the favour boxes with the personalised loveheats and just married pieces of rock. Then the boys arrived to try on their suits when they all fitted I had them boxing, labelling, doing the sweetie table plan. Like a sweat factory and I the manager – do this, no you cant have a glass of water, do that, stop talking, not you cant have a loo break. By 10.30 all was done. Bed time.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Thursday was so much more relaxed everything was boxed and made, just put everything in the car and dropped it all off at the venue. Its so weird how you feel (well I felt) so relaxed once I knew everything was done. We went home had a tidy up, polished hovered up and then all the boys came over about 2pm We all sat and had a chat until the inevitable happened and I had to leave, was harder than I though it would be. We had a quite moment together and he told me he couldn’t wait to get married and be my husband. I gave him a big hug and a kiss and told him I loved him more than anything in the world. I got in the car, waved off by everyone. The next time id be at home ill be a wife. Went to dressmakers picked up my dress and went to mums for the night. My 2 BMs (sister and best friend) and my cousin came over and we have a lovely night in with fizz and nibbles. Spoke to my granddad who had recently been taken ill and now wasn’t able to make the wedding. We spoke on the I-Pad via Facetime (great app) and said we would Facetime him again whilst I was getting ready. After the conversation we set reminders in our phones to remind ourselves to call him and had a laugh saying we bet it’s the one thing we forget to do. Went to bed at 10pm excited like it was Christmas the next day. I was in bed and I just couldn’t sleep, was thinking about what would happen tomorrow would everyone enjoy the food, would people have fun, would the flowers look nice, would my dad be ok in his suit, would people dance……. Sleep. Next thing I knew it was 5.30 and I could hear the birds singing.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Come on, woman!

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^ this!!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

YAY ITS MY WEDDING DAY!!!! Dry!! Its Dry!! 5.30am was a lie in compared to what id been waking at the whole of the week before. Id slept in my old bedroom in my old bed at my mums, as I was lying there I was looking at my dress hanging on my Bride hanger id made myself and could wait to get it on. I brought a magazine with me to read in the morning but remembered I had my good luck thread to read! Fished around for mums i-pad, made a cuppa went back to bed a read it. So many lovely things people had said made me really emotional. However Nursey was right, I had a sneaky peak when I first saw it go live and I had a spot appear on Wednesday! Noooooooooooooooo! The spot was still there but gotta love concealer! It got to 6.30 as I heard movement, some else was awake. In my jammies made my way across the hall way to my mums room and saw Trevor (mums husband) was heading downstairs so I ran in her room and jumped in to bed with her. We had a lovely morning chat, then my sister was awake and she got in, then Sophie was awake (other BM) and she got in, my cousin woke up and she got in – all in our jammies looking beautiful. We sat in bed chatting and all getting excited about the day ahead. At 8am Trevor called us all down and he made a big breakfast of eggs, toast, crumpets, muffins, juice, tea, coffee and jams. I surprised at what an appetite I had, I didn’t eat too much to bloat me out though so had egg muffins with a cup of green tea. We all took turns to have showers and get packed up to go off to the venue.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm loving this so far.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Love it!! I love the image of you waking up looking at your dress on the door. That's a part of my wedding day I am really looking forward to Smiley smile

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

Loving your report, you certainly know how to build the suspense!!!!!

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

I can't beleive we've got this far without a flash! MORRREEEE

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

OMG I started reading this earlier when you first started it. Thought I'd be able to sit and read it all!!

Cant believe you still got me waiting!

Hurry Hurry!! ?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Sorry guys my computer won't let me flash, but I have written the rest up and will load at work tomorrow with FLASHES!!!!

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

What suspense! Can't wait to read the rest.

• Tracy2012
    Beginner June 2012
    Tracy2012 ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant report so far, hurry up with the rest!!!!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Driving down the long driveway with the freshly trimmed grass, blue bells and red tulips I was so excited. We got there about 11am and were met by the hair stylist and venue staff. They were all so welcoming and showed us where to put everything. I was shown up to the honeymoon suite which had a bridal room adjoining it for us all to get ready. We realised we all hadn’t practised our walk down the aisle as id cut The Warblers version of Teenage Dream so we all went downstairs to see the room and practice. Wow. The rows of white chairs, the navy sashes the tables with our white gerberas in a garland were being set up on the table, everything just looked so perfect. Still feeling ok at this point. We practised the walk a few times until everyone was happy then the hair started. The BM’s were doing their own hair putting it in curls and Tori (Hair) started on me, the room was buzzing I was so happy. I could hear my family arriving to check into the hotel and walking around the grounds, they all gathered under my window and I could hear them chatting and having drinks. Mum cracked open a bottle of fizz for us all, I sipped it slowly thinking ‘don’t down it’. Mum then came in with a card and gift from Gary, he bought me some gorgeous diamond stud earrings. Loved them but I already had wedding jewellery – ah ha I have a second ear piercing! Hair now done and looking good. My sister then started on my make up, we had done a trial a few weeks ago and I just wanted a natural glow. She did a great job and I don’t think anyone could have done it better.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

(doing a catalogue pose)

I needed to keep busy so I put my jewellery on just as the photographer arrived. Few shots were taken of the dress and me. The girls got ready first seeing them together im so glad I decided to get the dresses taken up (they were floor length) they both looked stunning. Mum walked in all dressed up and my heart pounded even more! The TOG went back down stairs so I could get ready then it began. Stepping into my ivory princess gown I felt a million dollars, the zip went up with ease (phew) then the millions of buttons each individually hooked up. Mum was on the floor helping me with my shoes and Ashton started on the bow. ‘What do you mean it wont stay up?!’ the bow just flopped down ‘Well it just flops around, does anyone have a safety pin or thread?’ we all look at each other, no. The TOG then came in for more photos and asks what up? Told him about the bow and then he opened his jacket pocket………………lots of safety pins, thread, pins the works YAY!! God bless TOGS! All dressed and mum was called down stairs to mingle and get in the seats. Veil in, blusher applied, perfume on. Done.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

A knock at the door – ‘can I come in?’ its my dad. ‘yes’ – ah nothing came out – cough ‘Yes and I need water’. Dad walked in and stared at me, he eyes went red and his mouth quivered. I pointed at him and said ‘do not make me cry, ive just had my make up done’ but he did anyway. Dabbing my eyes I gave him a tissue and his gave me a massive hug and told me I look beautiful. The TOG took more photos then went, then the registrar came and left. The TOG came back and said ‘its time’.

Thud thud my heart is beating so fast I have to take a moment – take a moment what was I a sissy!! I never need a moment I just get on with things but here I am using my dads arm as a leaning post. Through the corridor, down the stairs, though the hallway……… ‘Please can I ask you to all stand for the bride…………………..’

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

The music started ‘dum dum dum dum dum’ and we walked down the aisle, first Sophie ‘You think I'm pretty, Without any makeup on, You think I'm funny, When I tell the punch line wrong, I know you get me, so I let my walls come down, down’. Then Ashton, ‘Before you met me, I was alright but things, were kinda heavy, you brought me to life, now every February, you'll be my Valentine, valentine’. The BM’s were gone, it was just me and dad, my heart was thumping so loud, could I walk? Just about, could I breathe? Just about, then the next bit started: ‘We can dance, until we die you and I, will be young forever’ then it was my go, my legs started moving, god they were like jelly, I started to walk fast to turn the corner, dad told me to slow down I couldn’t, then I turned the corner, he was facing forward, then he turned and looked at me, oh god I cant stop staring at him, all eyes on me: ‘My heart stops, when you look at me, just one touch now baby I believe this is real, so take a chance and don’t ever look back, don't ever look back’. I was there! Id made it to the end.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

That's it. I've crumbled *wipes away tear*

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

me too!

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Sep12Bride ·
    • Hide content

You look absolutely stunning! Loving it so far ?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I said to myself while im walking down the aisle ill look at everyone and take it all in but I couldn’t stop looking at him the whole way down. Once our eyes locked we both had massive grins and there was no one else in the room, just us – and my dad telling me to slow down. My dad proudly gave me away and gave my hand to Gary. Gary face came towards mine and anticipating some loving words I closed my eyes ‘you hands are freezing’ I opened my eyes and smiled ‘I know’ (its true as im a very cold person but as they say cold hands warm heart!). He then said I look beautiful, god I love him more now. We did our vows and exchanged rings. My sister did a beautiful reading called The One her normal loud chavy voice turned into the voice of an angel all calm and serine and she read it so well. We were all proud of her. We signed the register and had more photos taken, my face just could stop smiling. The register then pronounced us as husband a wife. His lips were soft and he kissed me and I felt my knees go a little, he slipped is arms round my wait and I hugged him back (so very Mills & Boon!!). We walked out to ‘My life would suck without you’ by Kelly Clarkson – we had the song cut to do all the choruses in a line: 'Cause we belong together now, yeah, forever united here somehow, yeah, you got a piece of me and honestly, my life (my life) would suck (would suck) without you. We chose this as I had the Glee CD and this was on it and when the track went on Gary said, oh I like this. So we now joke it’s his favored song, plus I love the words.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

We walked outside with bucks fizz in our hands as husband and wife – YAY! We mingled with friends and had some traditional style photos taken then we went away with the TOG for someone one on one while it was still dry (there were storm clouds a brewin’). Everyone who touched me kept saying, do you want a jacket? Are you cold, nope to all! I was cold but I didn’t care I was so happy I didn’t care about anything but us. Gary’s dad came up to us and gave me a massive hug (ive been with Gary for 7 years - 1 hug for moving in, 1 hug for engaged and 2 hugs on my wedding day – being spoiled now!) and told us how happy he was and how proud Gary’s mum would have been of us both.

OH SH*T!! GRANDAD!! Mum raced upstairs got the I-Pad, he had been ringing for the last hour – bugger! We managed to call him and Trevor (mums OH) took him round the venue so he saw the room, the cake, then saw the room all set up for the meal, the bar area, the table plan (the bloody table plan) and then came out to talk to my husband and I! We all felt so bad but he said he was happy that he got to see it. Thank god Trevor needed a sneaky fag and took him round the grounds. Ill say it again but Facetime is awesome!

The TOG then said there is a field over the road with bright yellow flowers in and id love to get some shots, so with my dress round my head I jumped the fence and made it thought the brambles with no damage and we had some lovely photos. However my feet were stinging with the stingy nettles but I didn’t care. The back over the fence – still no tears (phew).

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

The venue let us have a sneaky peak at the inside and wow! The flowers were bight and beautiful and the cake was amazing! I love cakes (hence why Gary proposed with a cake) and the baker had done a brilliant job, with our figures on top I did little jumps and squealed with excitement. We then left and everyone else came in. Then they announced us and we (well i) skipped in and took our seats. We had duck to start followed by lamb and chocolate brownie mmmm I’m hungry now just thinking about it. I tired to eat it but I was going round talking to people as I hadn’t had much of a chance to talk to anyone, got back to my seat for each course ate a bit then went of again. We then cut the cake – couldn’t wait to make a start on that bad boy!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

The cake went down a storm – my mouth is massive! And the cases proved useful too as people wore them as crowns!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Now my dad is a lovely lovely guy but isn’t that out going, a little messy but I wouldn’t have him any other way. He has only worn a suit twice in the 26 years I’ve known his – my christening and my sisters christening. He doesn’t do public speaking but he did the most amazing speech and everyone was laughing (at my expense) I was so proud of him. Gary speech was next and wasn’t as such a traditional grooms speech as he wanted to be funny too and again everyone laughed (at my, Ashton & Sophie’s expense). As I said before he doesn’t show is emotions that well but he really touched me with his words and I could see his welling up (in my head im going, cry, cry, cry, cry – almost got him but he wiped it away dead quick!). The best mans speech was funny as hell!!

Unfortunately then the rain came but hell to it I didn’t care. The venue had put up these big gazebos so people could stand outside and they did a confetti toss for us. We all left the room and mingled and had more photos taken – my face was still beaming and not hurting at all. Then the first dance, we made our way to the floor and danced to Michael Buble Everything. This was the first alone time we had all day but we didn’t need couple alone time – had the rest of our lives for that! After I danced with my dad to My Girl by The Temptations, he told me how proud of me he was and he is so happy. Gary then got my mum on the dance floor. Once that song was over PARTY!!!!!!!!

Olly Murs Dance with me Tonight blared out and the none stop dancing had begun. Once all the evening guests arrived I threw ‘my bouquet’ was actually the BM’s one but no one noticed! Throughout the night I spoke to almost everyone had another million photos taken, you’d think being told you look beautiful would get old – IT DOESN’T! We had a Funky Photo booth in which the photos got progressively worse! I loved them all! (will add some of these once i have veto-d a load) I would highly recommend having one of these or something like this as looking at the photos.............well ill leave it to your imagination). Our sweetie table went down a treat and at the end of the night we had a marshmallow eating contest – how many can you fit in your mouth in one go – turns out my sister has the biggest mouth!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

We bopped away till 12 then it was over. Where had the day gone? Surly it can’t be 12, they made a mistake, I was having so much fun! People started to leave and say good bye. The BM’s started unhooking the millions of buttons so id be able to get out of the dress later – still had the zip up! The venue then said they would still serve residents drinks for another hour and we could order as many as we’d like but they have to go to bed to do breakie the next day. So we all sat in the sitting room and had another round of drink and ended up talking and laughing till 2am!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics