Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

meandmrjones2014
Beginner March 2014

Sign for cake table

meandmrjones2014, 3 of October of 2013 at 15:10 Posted on Planning 0 12

Ladies!

I was trying to source a sign/wording for our cake table that simply says "cake" like the pic attached. We aren't having a traditional silver cake stand as they arent our cuppa tea instead we are borrowing our cake suppliers cream cake stand and want a sign to say cake and then my boquet or wee jam jars with candles also on the table.

any help or suggestions! got this pic on my photographers facebook page and jusr love it. Something in vintage ivory and dusky pink!!

also after a Mr and Mrs sign for the top table - dont want to spend mega bucks on them either!!

12 replies

Latest activity by Trish2014, 3 of October of 2013 at 22:23
  • meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

Have looked on Etsy for other items and found it tres expensive as most things come from USA etc was hoping someone would see the pic and have had it themselves or seen it somehwere and can direct me! my google searches consit of cake signs, cake table signs etc etc not having much joy. just love this one!!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if you are crafty or not but you could make your own with papier mache letters?

You can buy plain letters which are 10cm from HobbyCraft for £1 each...

Then you could decorate them with papier mache papers? Hobby craft sell some really pretty ones...

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/home-craft/papier-mache/papier-mache-papers

And they have a little tutorial on how to do it...

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/craft-idea/decopatch-letters/IDEA01684

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

There are a few shabby "let them eat cake" signs on Ebay that are cute.

Failing that on ebay i have seen a few wooden "Mr & Mrs ...." and "let them eat cake wooden signs" .... most say if you have a different project to contact them, might be worth a try?

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

Miss Pickle that is a good idea that way I could pick my own patterned paper to use - next question how do you decoupage?

Ebay is a good idea too must look there too though i am itching to know where this bride got the sign wonder would it be rude to ask the photographer?? lol

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've never done it but the little tutorial I posted the link too makes it sound super easy, lots of special glue I think and you just stick it on!!

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

Had a look at that tutoriat there it looks simple enough, think we have a hobby craft in Belfast must go in and have a look. Asked the photographer could he enquire where they got the sign so waiting to hear back from them. Some nice ones in eBay also. Thanks for help!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Mr and Mrs sign? /products/mr-mrs-sign-light-wood

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely ? also seen one by east of India online it's like a cream block with Mr and mrs in black writing

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I can certainly make something like that for you in wood. Please do get in touch *******@****************.**.** for more information ?

Nat

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I was looking in Hobbycraft last week and they didn't seem to have much choice in decoupage papers - that all depends on what you're after though of course. This site have loads though, and they also have more choice of letter shapes https://theartycraftyplace.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/deco-mache.jpg Definitely worth a look if you fancy having a go!

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

Oh must have a look here do fancy doing it myself. Want vintage patterns pinks creams florals etc are you making your own letters?

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking for pastel colours too and I found quite a few on this site. I'm planning on buying some of the 'Splosh' letters from the website too because I prefer the shape of them, especially the lower case ones. Can't wait to order them and get started!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics