Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2019

Signing the register after the wedding day

SunnyPinkConfetti83540, 27 of December of 2017 at 09:42 Posted on Planning 0 1

Has anyone had experience of signing the register a few days following the

wedding?

We are having a celebrant ceremony in a field and we’ve decided to sign the register in a small ceremony following the wedding a few days later. I WAS happy with this, our wedding day is out wedding day and the day we take our vows and exchange rings with our friends and family around us is the day we marry. However one or two people have made me feel a bit rubbish about this, saying we won’t legally be married on the day of our wedding. We don’t want a church/hotel/registry office wedding, we wanted to marry outdoors somewhere special to us but that meant doing the legal bit later.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experience of this to make me feel better!

thanks xx

1 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 27 of December of 2017 at 20:43
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have photographed many weddings like yours and most people tend to do the legal bit before the ceremony.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I echo what Bill says.....the registrar is the legal bit...the celebrant part technically isnt....

Most weddings I have photographed have it the other way around to yours...

That said, if you are ok with this then let it be water off a ducks back IYSWIM...although you wont "legally" be Mr and Mrs...

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics