Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2012

Silk Flowers vs Real Flowers?

Amylena, 13 January, 2011 at 11:44 Posted on Planning 0

Morning all!

I was doing a bit of research lastnight and was wondering; has anyone had silk flowers instead of real bouquets for the bridesmaids?

I was planning on making an heirloom bouquet for myself but my favourite flowers are gerbera daisies. Our colour theme is purple with orange accents (I have a long running obsession with a quote from Four Weddings and a Funeral which has stuck with me for 15 years!) and so orange gerbera's would be perfect with the purple dresses I'd seen for our bridesmaids. The problem is gerbera's tend to wilt quite quickly and there's no easy way of preserving them (I've heard you can have them freeze dried...)

So, has anyone had silk flowers instead of real flowers for their wedding? Do they work out cheaper or more expensive? I have two maids and one flower girl (for whom I was thinking of making a pomander) Sorry for the long winded-ness!!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I am having real flowers for the bridal bouquet and bridesmiads bouquets and i think for button holes...although im thinking of having a mixture fo both silk and real to keep costs down as i believe silk flowers are cheaper (i.e silk for decoration and real for flowers people will have) however am undecided whether this will look right or not.....perhaps is Lady Sherrie reads this she can advise?!?!?!?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics