Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayels
Beginner May 2013

Silk wedding flowers?!?!

Kayels, 5 May, 2012 at 16:27 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi,

I am getting married next year and although i wont be getting my flowers till later in the year i have been thinking about having silk flowers. I am getting married abroad and i can have the option of having real flowers from a florist in Santorini but i am more drawn to the silk or foam bouquets as im not a great fan of flowers anyway and i have really bad hayfever. I quite like the ones with some sparkle and the lovely brooches attached. Could anyone who is having them or has had them please give me some advice regarding the costs and the best way to go about getting them and how they look please as i have no idea!!! Smiley smile thanks alot ladies! xx xx

14 replies

Latest activity by Kayels, 9 May, 2012 at 17:18
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

There's a great deal of variation in the cost of silk flowers depending on the type chosen. Basically, the more realistic you go for, the more expensive they are. If you would like some ideas of prices, there are lots of designs on my website below or if you would like a brochure and price list for next year, just give me a shout. Hope that helps .

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I've chosen to have silk and I'm getting married in this country in a non peak season so wouldn't have had trouble getting fresh I just decided silk was what I prefered, I can keep them after and I don't have to worry about them turning up on the day.

If I were getting married abroad like yourself I would definatley go silk for the control factor. (by the way I ❤️ Santorini!)

In terms of how to go about it, I am using the lovely Rainbow Florist, you'll also find there are other silk flower HIBs here and most suppliers will work off a photo you provide as well as being able to do some standard designs so the key is finding someone you can talk to about your ideas. Cost, as with fresh will very much depend on the style you choose.

• J
    Beginner May 2012
    Jolene2012 ·
    • Hide content

A quick recommendation for silk flowers from Brenda at Rainbow Flowers from me, I get married in 3 weeks and have already recieved my flowers. They are so beautiful I keep having to go and look at them ?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I am still waiting for my proofs, but I have used Silk Blooms who was very helpful and we were able to spread the costs too. We're having sunflowers and I was advised real ones can vary greatly in shades so wanted the control!

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    catew ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married next May but have allready booked my flowers I am using

http://www.victoriacorbin.com

Her work is stunning I am sending her some bits from my family (Nanny and aunty) and she will put them in it to!

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls for your feedback, flowers really arent my strong point at all, i dont even know many types of flowers!!! Ive only ever recieved three bunches of flowers in my life!!!(more of a shoe kinda gal)!!! Lol, i will definatly check out your recommendations xx xx

• PosieBouquets
    PosieBouquets ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We have had several brides order bouquets for their wedding abroad, it means you know exactly what your flowers are going to look like in advance rather than sourcing and potentially having problems with the flowers abroad. If you would like any advice please get in touch, our website is in the link below we can make bespoke pieces or make alterations to existing bouquets or if you need help with types of flowers etc let me know.

Sarah x

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Whatever you do dont use an internet company called silk wedding designs. They totally ripped us off with terrible quality flowers and we ended up having to rush to a real florist the day before our wedding and get all new flowers, so effectively paid twice! It was a night mare, we complained and did not get a single penny back from them.

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

I had silk flowers for my wedding as I wanted to be able to keep it. This is my bouquet, I got it from www.sarahsflowers.co.uk.

It's really good quality and is now sitting next to my favourite wedding photo.

HTH

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

I would like real flowers for my bouquet & venue as sticking to a simple DIY theme but was considering silk flower buttonholes (so don't have to make them).

Are any of you ladies getiing buttonholes too?

Jolene - looked at website you recommended. Is the company Yorkshire based? Can you go & look at samples etc? They do look nice.

Thanks.

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

I'm having silk flowers for my bouquet, my BM's bouquets, and for our top table decoration (black calla lillies and beargrass in a fishbown) but fresh flowers (calla lillies and roses) for the mums' corsages and buttonholes.

I wanted silk because I resented paying so much money for fresh, which won't keep, Vs silk which will be a bit more resilient on the day (eg if I accidentally bash them against something!) and can keep as a beautiful momento of the day.

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

Mine are artificial from etsy seller Glam Floral.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi - I m based in West Yorkshire but offer a nationwide mail order service. If you would like a brochure and price list just let me know. - Brenda

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Hi Brenda (Rainbow Florist).

Thanks for your message. It sounds like I've left it too late if you are fully booked for this year but thank you anyway. Your flowers look lovely.

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

thanks for all your help with the silk flowers Smiley smile i have decided to go with silk flowers now and after looking at a few of your recommendations and checking people out i am going to order with Rainbow Wedding flowers!! ? Yay another thing i can tick of my list now! xx xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics