Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TrixieSaurus
Beginner August 2016

Silly question maybe - contracts + MUAs?

TrixieSaurus, 10 of June of 2016 at 15:41 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi All,

Just wondering - do you have a contract with your makeup artists?

I'm going for my trial this afternoon (leaving in about 30 mins eek!).

I've paid a £40 deposit, with a further £25 to pay tonight for the trial, and £100 is required to secure my wedding date. Would you normally get a contract? All our messages have been electronic, nothing verbal so far. Also, any questions I should ask...?

10 weeks left *PANIC!!* (Panic feels like a permanent state of being lately!)

Thanks Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by TrixieSaurus, 13 of June of 2016 at 16:21
  • Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a contract per se, I've not signed anything, but she's sent me a document outlining all costs, when it has to be paid, what % I would have to pay if I cancelled etc. By replying to her email and saying "That's fine", I have in effect agreed to what she's said in her document.

If you've got the costs and the date etc in writing, whether electronic or hard copy, I would be happy with that.

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Oo thanks for asking this - I'm wondering the same thing. One of OHs friends is a MUA, so asking her and the girl she works with normally for hair to do ours, as just makes sense and her prices are great. Our communication has just been via facebook at the mo though, and feel a bit awkward making it formal with a contract - but then I like a contract to know that we're totally covered just in case.....

I'd also appreciate anyone elses thoughts on this! Was going to ask how your make up trial went, but just seen your other post ☹️

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a contract with mine, in fact I didn't even think of it until I read your post...now I'm wondering if I should?! Is the norm with most suppliers but for some reason it didn't occur to me about the MUA!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a contract with mine. I have had a kind of trial (she did my make up for my birthday in April so that I could see if I liked her style). I then messaged her on Facebook and agreed the booking. I need to pay a £50 deposit but she said that as my wedding is a year away, she will contact me when she needs the money. I will contact her when I want my trial and see what happens then x

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

How did the trial go TrixieSaurus?

Bit late, but to answer your question yes I do have a formal contract in place with my MUA but nothing in place with my hairdresser.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

SORRY! Just seen your other thread...

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a contract with mine, but everything is on email, so I have a track of what she has agreed etc.

It's odd you have to pay something additional to your deposit to secure the date? I paid a £50 deposit to secure my date, and then essentially just pay everything else as they are done (so I paid for my hair and make up trial when I had it) and then the remaining balance, minus the £50 2 weeks before the day.

My MUA didn't have any official T&C's when we first signed up, but I've noticed that she's added some to her website now which are pretty much the normal ones.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all!

Trial (as some of you have seen in my other post) didn't go too well... she's asking for another 65 quid to do another trial.

I've noticed a lot of MUAs have T&Cs on their websites that basically say by paying a deposit you're agreeing to those T&Cs...

I'm still on the hunt....!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics