Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daphné
Beginner August 2021 Surrey

‘Simple’ wedding dress for registry wedding?

Daphné, 31 of May of 2021 at 22:11 Posted on Planning 0 11
We’re getting married at the town hall in 2.5 months and I need to find a dress that is not the typical long and dramatic wedding gown, but something knee or tea length. Has anyone bought their dress from a ´non bridal’ store? I’ve been looking online forever and can’t find anything nice 😔

11 replies

Latest activity by Ellie, 13 of October of 2022 at 15:15
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Before I found my dress I was going to get my dress from Phase 8. They had wedding dresses which were still gorgeous but not the standard massive meringue style.
    Also the other place I found was ASOS, new look (online they have £100 wedding dresses) and next.
    Have you looked on Wed2B as they have a few shorter length dresses too. Good luck ☺️
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Got a multi-way dress from willowandpearl.co.uk - they do so many colours to choose from, so you wouldn’t have to stick to white or ivory. They do other dresses too, I think, not just multi-way ones. Prices are between £100 and £200, depending on what you choose.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Others to try - Alie Street, Ivy & Oak.

• Daphné
    Daphné ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Funny you say that, I went to Wed2be this afternoon! Sadly they’ve discontinued the only dress that I liked. Thank you for your other suggestions, I haven’t checked the last 2 you mentioned, I’ll check them out!
  • Daphné
    Daphné ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I’ll check that multi-way dress!
  • Daphné
    Daphné ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had never heard of these 2, they’re actually really nice! thank you so much
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    A rockabilly type dress would look lovely I think as an alternative to the traditional type dress, something like this

https://www.yourdress.co.uk/wedding-dresses/backless-mermaid-wedding-dresses-t801525383602.html
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no!! I had that problem as fell in love with a dress on their website but when I visited my local store they didn’t have it in my size and wouldn’t get any more in. I managed to squeeze into a smaller size and realised I do not look like the model and it looked horrific on me 😂

If you know the name of it, you could search eBay or Facebook market place. I got my bridesmaid dresses on eBay when they were supposed to be wed2B ones. I just kept searching for the name
  • S
    Beginner August 2021 Warwickshire
    Sanchia ·
    • Hide content
    There are some lovely white dresses on Chi Chi.
    I ended up buying my registry dress from Quiz and a dress for the ceremony from Wed2B!

https://www.quizclothing.co.uk/ https://www.chichiclothing.com/collections/wedding-dresses
  • M
    South Carolina
    Melissa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love Quiz dresses and have spent hundreds of pounds with them over the last year! Recently I bought the Black Knit Long Sleeve Jumper, and I got free shipping through Quiz Clothing Coupon Code. Clothes arrived well packaged and looked as good as they did online, with lovely quality. Great shopping experience with Quiz would recommend.

• Ellie
    Victoria
    Ellie ·
    • Hide content

When I was planning my wedding ceremony, I was looking for something exactly like you described it. Fortunately, I found it🤩 I was wearing a white silk wedding dress - tea length. It wasn't a dramatic wedding gown, but quite simple dress that offered glamour and lots of romance. The silk material offers luxury itself. It was a dress perfect for simple registry wedding ceremony. I ordered it online from a non bridal store.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics