Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Skin around fingernails

Flowmojo, 9 February, 2012 at 15:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

So i have alwasy had nail extensions, for years, when last april i decided due to wedding savings, that £50 a month could go to more important things so I stopped having them...cue months of agonising and nails getting back into shape which they are now (but rest assured, il be back on the extensions right before the wedding and will continue so afterwards, hurrah!)

ANYWAY, am concious that on the wedding day we will be having the obligatory 'ring' shot (mind out of gutters, i mean wedding rings!) so am moisturising and taking care of my hands lots. I have noticed that on a couple nails (and has to be my left hand) i alwasy get what seem like little cuts around the nail bed, where what i can only describe as scraggy bits fo skin hang. Am hoping people know what i mean!

How do i get rid?!?! it is to do with my cuticles?!

8 replies

Latest activity by *Ducky*, 9 February, 2012 at 16:29
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

i thought my cuticles were ON my nail...these tiny 'tears' arnt, they on the skin surrouding my nail..lemme see if i can get a good enough pic..

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I love that you're so used to having your nails done that you're just discovering what cuticles are. That's how I aspire to be (I chew mine ?)

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean (and I didn't think they were cuticles either) but I don't know how to fix them, sorry.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Almond Oil Flow works a charm. You need to regularly soak your fingers too and you can get special cutters to cut scraggy bits off but don't over use them or it will look a mess and worse than before.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Can't you just nibble them?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What? Are they not syn free? ?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I think Americans call these hangnails? If you mean the edges around the nail that get a little hard/dry, and then get nibbled/picked/cut off/peel off. Sometimes you then get left with a little sore bit. My friend has these glorified pruners that she uses on my toe nails to trim that type of skin away. I'm not sure what you can do to prevent it though?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics