Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*MM3*
Beginner June 2014

Skittles vodka?

*MM3*, 24 of July of 2013 at 22:33 Posted on Planning 0 15

Anyone having this at their wedding? I remember seeing flashes of someones wedding on here (sorry can't remember who) and they looked amazing!
Dying to try and make some up in nice pretty jars. How do you make them does anyone know?
Googled and found all different ones so haven't a clue which ones are the best? It's mainly for the vodka tbh but I loved the colours & think they'd go down well with our guests Smiley smile
Also..the excitement of me today when our first proper little wedding purchase (a mr & mrs sign for top table) was a bit pathetic ?

15 replies

Latest activity by Ohwhatatuesday, 25 of July of 2013 at 20:57
  • emilyvportlock
    Beginner July 2013
    emilyvportlock ·
    • Hide content

We have made skittle vodka before. not for our wedding just for a house party because it looked fun and yummy (it was!) we just put loads of skittles in some vodka (the more the better) let it disolve over night and drunk it like that but there was loads of floaty bits! i read somewhere that you should filter it with coffee filters that you buy for your coffee machine. i think its just a case of trial and error. get some vodka and try some differant methods until your happy with the result, then u can drink the ones that go wrong haha xxx

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Ooh really? I'm an absolute idiot cause I didn't realise they were made with actual skittles in the bottles, thought it was flavourings and colourings etc haha!

Going to get experimenting, thank you!! Smiley smile

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

It was Gina on here who made them recently- agree they looked amazing! Yes secret is to filter and then filter again and again to removd the bits! And I think remove one of the colours as it makes it go muddy?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Ahh was it thanks Ruth!
    Yeah just love the colours Smiley laugh
    Will have to get experimenting and filtering, and of course sampling haha Smiley winking Will try some more googling now I have a better idea what to do! Thanks again Smiley laugh

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

To make it you literally just add skittles to the vodka and leave it until it dissolves. My friend made homemade blueberry gin once as a wedding favour and put them in these small corked jars, it was ace!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

If you want all different coloured ones you have to sort the colours obviously and if the purple and green ones go in together it looks like scummy pond water! Echo everyone else on the filtering.

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

Quick comment from me, skittles vodka looks amazing, but for the likes of me I can't actually have it.

Skittles are not vegetarian or vegan, so if you have vegetarian guests it is something to consider. xx

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

*Stupid question*

Does skittles vodka actually taste like skittles (or any different to normal vodka)?

I've never tried it, but am considering giving it a go with absinth! If it doesn't it'll be the food colouring route for me.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It tastes like sugary vodka.

I think it might work better with ingredients with a more distinct flavour. Apparently, Werther's Originals is nice. Or any number of herbs (Basil and pepper sounds fab). Can find recipes using Cherry Drops/Sherbert Lemons/other boiled fruit sweets....

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Mmm yum skittle vodka! Yeah I can't remember who the lady was who did it a little while ago... Looked ace though Smiley smile you just leave to dissolve overnight in vodka. Could always do a few practises and drink them all for yourself!!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks FTLOMB ?

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

Oh my... They look fabulous!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Ahh Gina it was your flashes I seen & loved! They look amazing!!!
    Definitely going to try making some and filter them well, think our guests would love them!
    Omg they're not vegan..i'm vegetarian and never even realised they're not suitable lol Smiley sad Haven't actually had skittles in so long so that's probably why!
    That's my tasting out the window lol, i'd still make them for everyone else though as the colouring is fab & I like the look of the pretty wee jars Smiley smile
    I like the advice about the flavouring, as I said I always thought there was more to it then just pure vodka and skittles so I might actually try some flavouring or different ones for taste if I think they're too strong. Not that too many of my guests would mind the strength tbh Smiley smile Going to get experimenting and see how they go, thanks a lot everyone! Especially Gina who gave me the idea! Smiley smile x

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

LOVE this idea but our venue won't let us have any alcohol favours

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics