Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nanny plum
Beginner September 2011

Skybrights wedding report...A few mini moon pics added on page 5.

nanny plum, 20 September, 2011 at 22:17 Posted on Planning 0 88

Well my turn,apologies if the report is flash heavy rather than writing,i had an amazing day,out of this world.

The day before the wedding my bridesmaid picked me up and we were rushing about all afternoon picking stuff up and dropping it off. We went to get our nails done which turned out to be one girl and took over three hours to do both of us and she mucked up my bridesmaids shellac manicure which was a pain...try before you buy!.

Anyway we then picked up my two daughters and went to the hotel that we were all staying in,my suite was amazing. For dinner that night,14 went out including all my bridesmaids and family ,i almost forgot what was ahead the next day but limited myself to three drinks.

Could not sleep at all,myself and my best friend were laughing and joking..she said,gazing at my dress which was hanging up "what would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and i had it on"?..flaming kill her ha ha. We were also trying to work out events i could wear it to again..i thought as a guest at a wedding??? Surely it would not offend lol. Eventually i got some sleep but woke up..on my wedding day!! at half six and it was pouring outside. However by half eight the rain had stopped and it was bright skys to live up to my name on here all day.

Managed a huge fry up and jumped into the bath and was still in the bath when the hair and make up ladies and my other bridesmaids arrived.

My eldest daughter

My middle daughter

88 replies

Latest activity by nanny plum, 7 February, 2013 at 19:00
  • nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I thought we had loads of time then all of a sudden we were running completely late. The women who was doing my hair also said at the last minute that she thought i had paid her wrong..i had not but anyway it added to the stress of things. I kept thinking that if they had another wedding they might not marry us. All the guests had been waiting since around twenty past two,i was twenty minutes late. You can see in these photos going in the car i am a bit stressed and nervous. I needed a drink of water and a cig!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

WOWEEEE look at that amazing dress!

Cant wait to see more Smiley smile

• Butterflycake
    Beginner October 2011
    Butterflycake ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful! Your dress is stunning. I am wearing a short one too!! Its so nice to see someone 'real in one. x

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

The ride in the car was horrible,i could not really speak and was so anxious. When i got the the registry office the lady who would marry us was waiting for me at the door,she was so nice and did her best to put me at ease,i was a bit of a wreck walking down the aisle though. My daughters read out "a very lovely love story" and burst out laughing at the end as they did not want to say the last line "and the world is a beautiful place"..to cheesy apparently. My son had been running about wild but was pretty good for the ceremony..he is the gorgeous wee boy in the kilt. The vows also made me nervous and i got my new husbands name the wrong way round which everyone laughed at. The minute we were married i relaxed..and stayed relaxed for the rest of the day.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

And we were married!!! Outside for some photos and avoiding the paparazzi! Then for a little photo shoot.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report Sky and you looked gorgeous!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

• RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content

Great report! You looked beautiful!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

The bit that i was really looking forward to was being able to relax,i felt i had done my bit now lol. My dads speech was wonderful and made my cry,he mentioned how tough it had been having two children while still a teenager etc etc and how is was great that my kids are fantastic..whatever age i had them. The best mens speeches were great and not that rude..one did mention how my hubby is no Paolo nutini...letting out my obsession lol.

Sneaky cig before i went back in!

• Banana88
    Beginner May 2012
    Banana88 ·
    • Hide content

Love your dress. Great report, you have some lovely pictures. Congratulations x

• Charlie-Lou
    Beginner June 2012
    Charlie-Lou ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations it all looks beautiful.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

It all seemed to go really quickly from then on. I had such a fantastic time chatting and dancing and was really sad when it all ended. Everyone who attended made it such an amazing day for us that we both could not have asked for anymore. A final flash to end..our first dance was to Tijiana lady by Gomez..our three year old joined in and then we asked the bridal party to join. The music was great all night and everyone danced and i hope had fun.

I love being a wife.x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

My stunning dress twin... I've already said how sensational you looked but these photos have compounded it! I can only hope to look half as fab in 'our' dress! A lovely report and your daughters looked gorgeous too. Congratulations!!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are going to look amazing,be very prepared for the non wedding world to say they have seen nothing like it before.

My pointers for the dress...get them to spray anti static stuff before you pick it up. Get one of your bridesmaids to learn how to do it up at the back,you could do with a crochet needle thing. My OH ended up getting all the buttons out with a key very drunk lol. You can pee in it with ease ha ha and make sure and get a swishy photo..i forgot.x..Oh yes and i asked my husband what he thought again and he said that i looked like a little doll,which i thought was quite sweet.

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Wow, you look amazbombs!! Congratulations!

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Every time I see your dress it gives me wobbles, absolutely stunning.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful photos, you all look fabulous and I love the dress!

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations love your dress looks amazing

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

As everyone else, i absolutely adore the dress. And your hair is beaut!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Wow, it all looks amazing, and you look absolutely beautiful. xx

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, you and your family looked so happy and beautiful! I LOVE your dress! Can i ask who made it?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

You looked absolutely bloody stunning SB!

Your daughters are both very pretty too.

Lovely report. Welcome to the Old Married's Club!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful. Your dress always gave me wobbles!

• navychick
    Beginner August 2011
    navychick ·
    • Hide content

You look gorgeous Skybright. Your daughters obviously have their looks taken from you.

stunning

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Wow, you look amazing. Love the dress, it works so well for you. I'm really glad you had a fab day. ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have made a note of all of that - thank you! x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Skybright, congratulations! You looked stunning! Sounds like a lovely day, angsty hairdresser aside. Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy marriage - welcome to the club!

CB x

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Fab report!! Gorgeous photos and i LOVE your dress. Congratulations to you both. Sally xxx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhhhhhh the JA dress, the only dress (plus Minis which is similar!) to give me serious wobbles!!! I bloody ove it and you carry it off brilliantly!! What a fabulous set fo pics, looks like you had a wonderful day!!!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Congratuations! Such a stunning dress and you look amazing in it! x

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, you have a wonderful wedding, ive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics