Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2015

Skype Wedding

SJM1988, 20 of August of 2013 at 18:25 Posted on Planning 0

I have family who will not be able to attend our wedding. It's really important to us that the are there so I thought about streaming the wedding via Skype. Has anyone done this or watched a wedding via Skype?? Or any better suggestions??

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ยท
    • Hide content

We've shot a couple of weddings that have been shared by guests overseas via skype Smiley smile

Both times have used an ipad. It's lovely to see the happy faces of friends an family who couldn't make it in person. I think it's a lovely gesture if it's something you're able to offer.

One thing I would recommend considering ahead of time (if you're going to use an ipad or tablet) is to make sure you have a suitable stand. On both occasions it's not something that anyone had thought of and luckily, we had our stand with us- which is from IKEA.

Also put someone in charge of setting it up and testing it out well before the ceremony starts as, like you can see from one of the pics attached, at one point they couldn't see their heads! Also be prepared for connection issues in advance and possibly have someones phone set up for tethering so you can connect to wifi that way if you need to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics