Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

sleeping tablets??

mrsgzd, 2 of June of 2015 at 14:02 Posted on Planning 0 11

So almost everyone that writes a report or gives post wedding advise says they wished they had got more sleep. If I have anything going on in my life my sleep is the 1st thing to be affected, whether it's excitement, stress, worries, anything. I don't sleep well without the OH with me anyways so the night before the wedding will probably be a very sleepless one Smiley sad

Should I look into taking something for leading up to the wedding, whether that's herbal or something from the doctors. Anyone think this is a terrible idea or not??

11 replies

Latest activity by Calella, 4 of June of 2015 at 09:32
  • halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I took a Nytol the night before our wedding. I wasn't planning to, but 2 nights before the wedding some w***er made some silent calls to my mobile in the middle of the night. Not ideal...

My friend suggested taking Nytol as it's herbal. had a great nights sleep and happy as larry on the wedding day. Wasn't tired at all.

Maybe try one out before so you know you're not allergic.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. I'll get some and try some and will do a test night.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Nytol or natrasleep - both very good but both take a couple of weeks to really kick in.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Just on a sidenote... If you're doing a trial run, it probably won't be as acurate since you won't have the actual pre-wedding nerves that you'll have the night before to keep you awake. Maybe try it the night before some other big occasion?

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

Great post! Will try the suggestion of Nytol that Halloweeny suggested myself.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

We took sleeping pills - we were asleep by 11 and woke up at 8 the next morning refreshed and feeling wonderful.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

We once stayed at the Crown Plaza hotel in Manchester before going on holiday and there was a complimentary set of 'This Works' in the room. One of them is a sleep spray which you spray on your pillow. We were out like a light in no time. I bought some when we got home and it works every time and there are is no stuffy head feeling in the morning - just bright eyed and bushy tailed! I think it was about £22 for a bottle but well worth it.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    mrsgzd ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone I will definitely look into it Smiley smile x

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I swear by Night Nurse, knocks me out like I'm dead ?

Why not just sleep with your OH if you don't sleep well without him?! It's an ancient tradition that doesn't really need following, sleeping apart. You can kick him out first thing in the morning! Just saying!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Just a point ... if you do take any other medications check with a pharmacist before you take any sleeping remedies
    (I'm sure you would anyway, I just feel better for saying it!)

I only say this because my sister pointed out that I can't take any sleeping remedies at all as they'd potentially react with my other medications. If she hadn't had said I'd never have known Smiley smile

x

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I used to have prescribed sleeping pills, a quarter of one and I was not waking up for a looooong time!

As for night nurse, it makes me really ill so I can't touch the stuff. Day nurse is fine, but night nurse disagrees with me and I'm up all night being sick. Lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics