Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chucklevision
Beginner July 2015

Slightly early 6 month flash

Chucklevision, 30 of December of 2014 at 20:12 Posted on Planning 0 17

So I'm fast approaching the 6 month mark ... Eeeekk.....

As we're getting married abroad there's not much i can do until we get out there but here's a few flashes of what we have planned

Ceremony venue

Reception venue

My dress & shoes

.Hair inspiration & veil

Bridesmaid dress inspiration but without the black belt

My one & only bridesmaid's dress without the black belt

My fella's outfit - no tie

Flowers

17 replies

Latest activity by jayannfernandez, 31 of July of 2015 at 07:15
  • Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

How exciting! It all looks lovely Smiley smile

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

This all looks gorgeous! Where is it that you're getting married?

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Awwwww looks so lovely

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah thanks guys. We're getting married at the palazzo di duchi Santo stefano ( town hall to you & me) in Taormina in Sicily & our reception is at a local restaurant by the coast called villa Antonio.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Wow, looks lovely?

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Wow your venue is stunning. Sicily is just beautiful.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh thanks Schwelley, I can't wait to see yours either!

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh thanks Schwelley, I can't wait to see yours either!

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    Lougall ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm getting married in Taormina next May in the Town Hall and booking Villa Antonio too!!!

What was Villa Antonio like?

My main Question is about hair and makeup. I've been quoted £500 for my hair and make up for me and one bridesmaid. I cannot justify that much money on it!!! Can you tell me who did your hair and make up in Taormina?

Any help would be a MASSIVE help!!!!

Thanks a mill,

Lou.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I booked it all through thomson so the hair was part of the special touches menu. I can't help with the make up as I did my own but their hair + trial for me cost about 300 euro, I think. The hairdressers was elle international and if I say so myself my hair was amazing Ricardo did a fab job.

You are in good hands with villa Antonio - the food was amazing and the owners were so flexible. Just be warned that it is a little way out of town so you'll need to arrange transport. We got minibuses for about €400.

Also not sure how many guests you are having but the Italians tend to use the best man and BM as witness's. We had a larger partythan they were used to (29 in total)& did it the UK way and it caused a bit of confusion. Plus the best man and BM were a bit redundant during the ceremony.

Where are you staying in toarmina.

Happy to give you any advice etc as we only got married this month so it is all fresh in my mind.

I have done a report so feel free to check it out.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Wow looks lovely Smiley smile I went to a wedding in Ostuni, Italy... and it was beautiful.

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    Lougall ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.

I see you paid a lot for your hair also. I might just have to do my own make up and get my hair done. I'm actually in Ireland and have a company here planning it for me but I like to look around myself , as my planner told me that was the price.

It's great to hear that you loved Villa Antonio, it does look amazing and I think it'll be a lovely spot for our reception. We are having about 17 over with us so it'll be small enough. My planner never mentioned the restaurant was out a bit and we'd have to get transport - extra cost we hadn't factored it.

Did you think the ceremony in the town hall was nice? We are doing that too! Any tips on that side?

We have one huge problem yet, the flights have not been released for May 2016 yet, so we don't know exactly what date we are flying on and therefore I don't want to book accommodation until we have our flights finalized. Where did you stay? Our budget has slightly gotten out of control so we are trying to pull back a bit. We are thinking of renting an apartment in Taormina town to try and save. I wasn't too impressed with the hotels our planner has shown us so far vs. the cost of them.

Is there a link to your report that I can see? Sorry, I'm new to this site and working my way around it!

Thanks so much for all your help and advice Smiley smile I'm really excited for our wedding.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lougall,

Here's a link to my report

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/507496.aspx

Yeah I found it out once we got there, I was originally Planning on walking from my hotel to the venue,to the reception venue. When I told my wedding planner this she laughed at me.

We stayed at the hotel ariston,which was a lovely hotel. I can see why you would prefer to rent an apartment which you shouldn't struggle to do.

The town hall was lovely, and had an art exhibition going on inside and the grounds are gorgeous.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Just checked my invoices

I paid €165 for my hair plus trial in a salon and €81 for bridesmaid hair

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    Lougall ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all your help.

I really enjoyed your blog too! Smiley smile Photos look fab.

I've contacted the salon you had as those costs are much more affordable. I was quoted € 230 just for my own hair - with no trial! Crazy!

Thanks again,

Louise.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Your welcome. You will have a really beautiful wedding!

Give me a shout if you need any help

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Nice!!! Almost set and you still have 6 months! great job!!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics